trail pipes

blawat

I am looking to get a banshee for trail riding. I was wandering who makes a good pipe that hits low in revs that would have at least the same top or more. it also must be fairly quiet. the shee i am currently looking at has a set of bills pipes it feels good but in the space the guy has for the test ride i could only top it out in 2 gaer. any one have experence with these pipes.

I have PT mids, buddies have PT hi and t5s. So in what I know about them I would go with PT mids on slower trails or the T5s on faster ones. The T5s are a great all around pipe and will give more rpms than the PT mids, but not quite as much low or throttle response. I dont know about the characteristics about the other brands though...

i have pro circuits and like them a lot. they seem to be pretty good bottom to top. i ride anything from tight trails to open trails and farm fields and other open areas. they don't seem to fall off on hillclimbs either.

You should stick with the Bill's pips.They have a very usable broad power delivery+also produce a unique deep tone.I would say they are like t5's with less top end+smoother+stronger low+mid or Pt mids with slightly less low end,comparable midrange+more top end.

I wouldn't recommend a Toomey pipe if you want a quieter pipe. (no offence Toomey owners) I have the DMC 916 pipe and my friends own Pro- Circuit, and FMF. The Toomey is by far louder then all. I havent herd the hush kit for them (Toomey) but it's supposed to help.

I've always run FMF Gnarlies on my dirt bikes and quads, I like them a lot, they've always worked really well, not the quitest, but I've never heard a quiet 2 stroke. I bought PT Mids for my new build, everyone was ranting and raving about them, so I figured I'd try a set. :shrug:

Hey Liftd T4R, I see you're in Jersey, let me know when you get those PT's on. We'll meet up sometime. I would like to check those pipes out. I hear alot of good things but never seen them on a shee before.

Everyone else, sorry i'm off topic. Later.