5 speed banshee Possible?

id just make some gearing changes. i dont think youre really gonna benefit from a tranny swap or some sort. you just wanna stay in 2nd all the time and never shift or what? honestly, i dont see that happening on a banshee. if u want something more trail friendly, that doesnt need to be shifted as much buy a 450..

id just make some gearing changes. i dont think youre really gonna benefit from a tranny swap or some sort. you just wanna stay in 2nd all the time and never shift or what? honestly, i dont see that happening on a banshee. if u want something more trail friendly, that doesnt need to be shifted as much buy a 450..

Naw I don't want a 450, just curious thanks. I have been thinking about changing the gearing, think I will give it a try. I just never use sixth gear on my bike. Not enough space on the track and trails I ride. When I went to the dunes my bike was all stock so sixth gear didn't have anything

Thanks guys.

Edited by Hollister_Hitman

They have what is called a dunable override. For $450.00 you send your tranny in and they make it to where you have 5 gears and can launch in 1st. The best part is that you only use your clutch to launch and then no clutch through the gears. You pull the clutch in when you want to stop or grear down. If you drag alot it is worth it. Trails even help, but I would only recommend if you have had some motor work like 4mm stroker and head work. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

They have what is called a dunable override. For $450.00 you send your tranny in and they make it to where you have 5 gears and can launch in 1st. The best part is that you only use your clutch to launch and then no clutch through the gears. You pull the clutch in when you want to stop or grear down. If you drag alot it is worth it. Trails even help, but I would only recommend if you have had some motor work like 4mm stroker and head work. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

I was thinking the same thing...until I read all he rides is trails...and the machine is bone stock.

Override for him would be like tits on a nun, total waste. That doesn't change the gearing ratio...which is more what he's asking.

I think you're going to be wasting your time on this, trail riding the shee, unless you're ready to sink some money into it and the motor.

You can gear it to where the it stretches each gear, but...because of the nature...you will be bogging as said in the beginning of each gear til it gets on the pipe. Adding a set of aftermarket pipes, good air cleaner, jetting it will help your cause. It will make it run stronger all around and pull each gear better and longer. If you plan on keeping it stock, though....sell it and get a 450. WAY more trail worthy all around.

I was thinking the same thing...until I read all he rides is trails...and the machine is bone stock.

Override for him would be like tits on a nun, total waste. That doesn't change the gearing ratio...which is more what he's asking.

I think you're going to be wasting your time on this, trail riding the shee, unless you're ready to sink some money into it and the motor.

You can gear it to where the it stretches each gear, but...because of the nature...you will be bogging as said in the beginning of each gear til it gets on the pipe. Adding a set of aftermarket pipes, good air cleaner, jetting it will help your cause. It will make it run stronger all around and pull each gear better and longer. If you plan on keeping it stock, though....sell it and get a 450. WAY more trail worthy all around.

I know the 4-pokes have a wider power band, but I love my shee for trail riding. (Baught the shee used for about 1/5th what a new 4-stroke would have cost.) Tight woods, it works better for me to ride a gear high. If I need power, I just touch the clutch and instantly it is on the pipe. I can control the wheel spin better with the clutch (than the throttle) anyway. It also helps keep from having to constantly shift.

The only engine mods I have are pipes (Pro-Circuit), cool head, and K&N filter kit. No problems, smooth power, easy to ride. Try a 13T on the front and just run it in 2nd or 3rd on the trail. I very rarely have to shift other than between 2nd and 3rd.

If you plan on keeping it stock, though....sell it and get a 450. WAY more trail worthy all around.

I was just saying I can't open it up into sixth where I ride. My bike isn't stock, but the last time I went to the dunes it was and sixth gear in the sand with paddles on a stock bike won;t pull at all.

Thanks for all the info guys. I am just going to try to change the gearing to get more bottom end

Gear it down a little, increase your compression ratio (smaller domes), and install a single carb kit. Those things make a big difference in riding trails and in the woods. At least they did on mine.

In any case, play around with some combinations and you will find something you like without having to tear the engine all the way down.