Paddla Brats

Animalman294

What makes them hook so much better than skat extremes? I run 22-11-8 9pdl extreme ultra lights and they seem to hook good for the most part. Would you gain that much by going to 21-11-8 9 pdl padla brat?

On yfz central a while back guys were talking them up pretty good, there were definately no complaints about them.

If they were that good though wouldn't the drag guys be running them since there so light and hook so well? Not trying to bicker just saying the drag guys usually run the best thing they can get there hands on so if they were that phenomenal I figured they'd be running them.

One more thing, whats the deal with the staggered cut? I've never seen them except for some crappy gecko's or something. It must serve a purpose but what is it.

Thanks so far for the info so far

Thats a good question and one that I don't have the answere for... The only thing t hat comes to mind would be that maybe they are not be durable enough to handel the real high HP bikes.. Iam not sure if thats what the deal is but thats my best guess :shrug: As mentioned before I havn't got the comp cut brats becuase I know they would find a root or rock out here.. Otherwise Iam VERY happy with how my extreams perform and hook up.. :beer:

RIPPEN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On yfz central a while back guys were talking them up pretty good, there were definately no complaints about them.

If they were that good though wouldn't the drag guys be running them since there so light and hook so well? Not trying to bicker just saying the drag guys usually run the best thing they can get there hands on so if they were that phenomenal I figured they'd be running them.

Thanks so far for the info so far

Hey guys! I was one of the guys running the STU Paddla Brats on YFZCentral.com. I had the 6 paddle comp cuts. They weighed about 10.2 lbs mounted on blue labels. They are an extremely good tire, and an extremely fast tire on the four strokes. A lot of the four stroke drag bikes are running these things. I bought them from Joe at Fullerton Sand Sports. They will do you right if you give them a call. To answer your second question about the drag guys running them... I was talking to a guy with a 10mil T-Rex... He said that the Brats don't grow taller like the Haulers for the higher HP Banshee's, the faster he goes; the more the tire comes off the sand giving less resistance for more top speed. This is only one man's theory, but it seems legit.

Thanks!

Edited by SoCalinIt

I run the brat's on my old Zilla. The setup I used was the standard 18 paddles and I had a little over half of each paddle cut off in a stagger. That bike was running a +6 swingarm and about 65 HP. It launched hard and was a blast to dune with. Out of all the different tires I've ran (Haulers, Extreme Haulers, Sand Skate II's, Sidewinders, Sand Devil's), the Brat's were among the most durable. Presonally, I'm not a fan of the vulcanized paddles on the Skat Trak's, as some of them rip/tear apart. When I get the Banshee back together, I'm picking up a longer swinger and my next phone call is to Fullerton or Fun Runner for some more Brat's. I'm thinking about the Brat's in a 9 paddle configuration this time.

"Hey guys! I was one of the guys running the STU Paddla Brats on YFZCentral.com. I had the 6 paddle comp cuts. They weighed about 10.2 lbs mounted on blue labels"

That sounds about right. You probably were one of the guys cuz the reference to Fullerton sounds familiar. They are just so spendy and would hate to someday buy a pair and wish I would of just stayed with extremes.

This is a good topic, definately helping me with some questions I had.

Edited by Geoff

GECKO'S!?! Boy I autta whip you with a rubber hose :yelrotflmao: IMO I would say your going from one of the worst tires to one of the best :thumbsup:

Yeah Jeffs got my motor again.. Iam just bumping up to the 4mill.. So it will be another dune port set up but with the 4mill.. Iam shooting for the "Ultimate climb/duner". The bike ran great all year, just would like to get a tad more out of it... In a year or two I will probably be looking twards building a drag bike and thats when Ill be callin for a kitty :thumbsup:

RIPPEN

Yeah, I hear you on the Gecko's, but at the time I had just bought three bikes, the warrior for teh twelve year old, the raptor for the little wifey and the banshee for me. So, with $15,000 invested in three quads and some gear I was gettin' tired of spendin' money and they were cheap. And hey there is always a learning curve, I just had to get further around the bend thats all.

So, the wifey's got the hauler's, little ones got the v-blades and the gecko's are goin' on e-bay or bein' kept as spares just in case, because I've already bought the Brats for my 421 cubby and now I just have to find time to put it all together.......... :woot:

"Hey guys! I was one of the guys running the STU Paddla Brats on YFZCentral.com. I had the 6 paddle comp cuts. They weighed about 10.2 lbs mounted on blue labels"

That sounds about right. You probably were one of the guys cuz the reference to Fullerton sounds familiar. They are just so spendy and would hate to someday buy a pair and wish I would of just stayed with extremes.

This is a good topic, definately helping me with some questions I had.

Don't get me wrong... These tires could be extremely good on a Banshee, but the Haulers are a proven drag tire. If you were to buy some Haulers that are comparable to the Paddla Brats, you are going to spend some dough too. The Paddla Brats are by far the lightest paddle on the market, and as all of up know, the less rotating mass the better!!! They are spendy, but isn't everything for the Banshee???? :biggrin:

Yeah, comparable Hauler's are going to set you back $350, so the little extra green isn't going to hurt. I mean come on this is a money pit sport isn't it.............. :yelrotflmao:

True that!!!! :beer: :laugh:

Yeah, comparable Hauler's are going to set you back $350, so the little extra green isn't going to hurt. I mean come on this is a money pit sport isn't it.............. :yelrotflmao:

That is the truth for sure.....Went riding last week and something went wrong and now I got a nice hole in my piston. It was down on compression anyways and needed a new topend but I was planning on doing it on my terms,lol.

What would be a comparable hauler to Padla's? I'm more familiar with haulers so I was just trying to get a better idea.

Thanks guys.

I ran a set of comp cut 9 paddle brats on my drag bike and they hooked great in the light sugar sand in oklahoma but when I can home and tryed them at silver lake mi where we have alot of wet heavy sand, they seemed to spin more than my haulers. I still have the brats and I run them on my play bike, but now I am running super light 11 paddle extreams. the brats are a great tire and hook real hard!! just not in the wet stuff!! hill shooting though they work awsome!! air pressure also plays a big roll in how they hook! I found that if you run them right around 4 1/2 psi they work the best. (for me anyway!)

Thanks for the comparison...I wouldn't of thought you'd have a problem hooking up in the wet stuff. So it's safe to say that your 11pdl extreme super lights are equal to the 9pdl comp padla's?

Are the ultralight close to the same weight as the comp padla's?

I may buy a new set of tires before next summer thats why I'm pestering you guys with so many ?'s about the padla's. I already have 9pdl extreme ultralights and they work good EXCEPT in the really dry stuff, tons of wheel spin.

Thanks again

Are the ultralight close to the same weight as the comp padla's?

I may buy a new set of tires before next summer thats why I'm pestering you guys with so many ?'s about the padla's. I already have 9pdl extreme ultralights and they work good EXCEPT in the really dry stuff, tons of wheel spin.

Thanks again

The 9 paddle comp cuts are lighter then the ultra lights.

I only ride in the dry stuff so I couldn't help you out there!

Hope that helps!

I was thinking about twelve bet DEFINETLEY NOT 6! I had 9 paddles on my bike and I was sliding all over the place!

You would be surprised on how well the 6 paddle brats hook up. I've seen them on a ported bike with T5s and stock carbs and that thing hauled balls. 6 paddle would be ideal for your quad with your mods. 18 paddle is waaaaaaay to much tire.

I forgot to ask if Padla's are very durable? I like doing tree shots since here in Oregon we have lots of trees. Everyone said that my ultralights would go flat all the time but I've never had a problem. They also said that you have to watch out for stick cuz they puncture easily, but once again never a problem.

thanks guys