Ricky Stator Packages

BigRed350x

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I can agree with the quality issues, First my 200watt stator started crapping out on me on top, so I replaced it with a stocker, well I shorted out the stocker (my fault) so i bought another 200watt one from one of the Glamis vendors, well did the same thing, crapped out on top, so I immediately took that one back and got the Ricky Stator stock wattage, well mine did the same thing BigRed's did, the pick-up was out of adjustment and when i went to adjust it, the screws rounded off! :banghead: So the story goes, I i drilled it out and used my own bolts, well 2 trips later, the Ricky Stator stock voltage one went out, ( I had an earlier post about it) And i went back to an O.E one and now its working great!

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a new one and had the same problem. The pickup was to close, I tried to adjust it and the screw head broke off. When I tried to thak the stator off the plate to put it on a Pro Desgin, I coulden't get the screws off. It took an impact driver to get 1 off so I gave up on the others. :verymad:

I hope they will replace it and just send me the stator. I had to take the stator off the dune bike to fire up the drag bike for the first time :biggrin:

Anyone else have a problem with ricky stator units having the fucking bolts so god damn tight that when you have to losen them to adjust your pickup gap the bolts just twist off? I have had 3 BRAND new ones direct from RS and all 3 of them had the wrong gap set and all 3 of the fucking things had the little POS bolts twist right off or strip out trying to turn them. What a bunch of shit. Any time I get one now I don't even install it, I drill out the bolts that are in there, re-tap them the next size bigger and do it myself. ...and if you want to try and use the RS timing plate off an old stator you might as well drill those out too, because they are just as tight. Thought maybe they were putting loctite on them or something, but heat doesn't make any difference. Don't know WTF RickyStator is doing, but its gay.

Anyone else have this problem?

Heat up the screws with a mini torch if you gotta adjust them. The loctite will melt and the aluminum will expand and help release them.

Kinda adds to my nervousness, its one thing for you huys but if i spend $300+ on a stator timing plate and cdi and it gets to the uk and i have troubles i am really stuck.

My current stator seems ok but the engine is completely stripped and with new pistons head milled and t5's to go on i figured adjustable tining plate and why not replace the cdi and stator... but now.

So the pro circuit adj timing plate is better? and what about the RS CDI unit?

Cheers

I bought a 200 watt ricky stator for the Coalfest ride a few years ago and the damn thing never worked. When Id swap out the RS stator for a stock one, it ran great, swap back the RS and nothing. I still have the POS sittin on a shelf in my garage, I didnt send it back fast enough and the warrenty ran out.

Id like to buy a high output stator for my 250r, but Im half afraid to trust RS anymore.

I'm not sure if this is related in any way, but RS himself died not too long ago. That may have had something to do with QC. But I have been running my RS stator for two years now and no issues, though it doesnt get ridden near as much as some of you guys; especially since its now 65 miles away. :confused:

I'm not sure if this is related in any way, but RS himself died not too long ago. That may have had something to do with QC. But I have been running my RS stator for two years now and no issues, though it doesnt get ridden near as much as some of you guys; especially since its now 65 miles away. :confused:

Between all the guys I ride with and myself, we probably have 8 rs 200w stators. We have had zero issues with them. We even had a dual output old school rs stator and it worked ok also. I actually just bought another one 2 weeks ago.

Well I still have the same problem. The new stator pickup was gapped at .028 (should be around .018) and the bike just poped and did not start. Went to adjust the pickup and the scerws snaped :banghead: Drilled them out, taped them, adjusted to .018 and nothing :verymad:

I took the stator off the drag bike and installed it. Started on the first kick!

I think at this point, I want a refund. I just hate to have to buy one from Yamaha for what they get for them.

Anybody have a spair working stator lying around? The worst part of all this is that we have a 3 day ride (my birthday ride) planed for next weekend.