15 tooth sprocket

StrRacerX

Has anyone ran a 15 tooth sprocket before? I am curious on how the banshee will run. My banshee has a 13t, cool head with 21cc domes, lighten flywheel, 4 degrees advance, fmf gold series pipes fatties, no air box, the filter are directly on the carbs, it has been rejetted, pretty much stock. I drag race and like dunning just as much. I treid a 12t before and it was just way too much shifting in the dunes.

I've used a 15t front for quite a while ..until the sprocket needed replaced

Helps your bike hook up a bit better in some situations as it raises the gear ratio, and gives u a bit more top end.. I liked 15 -41 better then stock 14-41

In the dunes however you might like 14 over 15.. you might have a hard time pulling 6th gear up any kind of incline... at least a 6th gear with much power..

Im running 14 - 38 right now and love it..(close to the same ratio as 15-41) but helps cut down the rotatin mass slightly ..

although if i go dunning next year im going to get a 13 T front

What kind of sprocket set up would be best for a banshee with only t6 pipes and i use it mostly for trail riding? I will be adding more mods like v3 reeds and a noss head and domes plus rpm axel and maybe a swingarm, so i would like to put something in that i wont have to change to much as i add mods. Thanks!

What kind of sprocket set up would be best for a banshee with only t6 pipes and i use it mostly for trail riding? I will be adding more mods like v3 reeds and a noss head and domes plus rpm axel and maybe a swingarm, so i would like to put something in that i wont have to change to much as i add mods. Thanks!

Stay with the stock setup for now till you put more parts on your bike. Once you make more power and 1st gear becomes a waste, then step it up. I stepped up after I put pipes, reeds and K&N/Outerwares with the lid off.

I say go with the 15tooth, you will notice a gain on topend at least I did. 6th gear will be a little tricky if you catch it to early you will bog some, but I enjoyed the 15t on my bike but now im back to stock until I get port work.

• 4 weeks later...

Stay with the stock setup for now till you put more parts on your bike. Once you make more power and 1st gear becomes a waste, then step it up. I stepped up after I put pipes, reeds and K&N/Outerwares with the lid off.

I completely agree with this reply, if your bike is stock and you step it up to a 15 it would be pointless. I personally think a 14 is good enough is you have just pipes. If you go big on the motor then you can consider something larger than a 14 because at that point its a neccesity.

I have an 89 with full drag porting, Shearer inframes, V2's, 36mm carbs, K&N pods, +6 swinger, and have 22X11X8 10 paddle Haulers on it. Will a 15 tooth be good for me? I only drag this Shee at Dumont. Glamis, and Pismo. Thanks for the help!

I have an 89 with full drag porting, Shearer inframes, V2's, 36mm carbs, K&N pods, +6 swinger, and have 22X11X8 10 paddle Haulers on it. Will a 15 tooth be good for me? I only drag this Shee at Dumont. Glamis, and Pismo. Thanks for the help!

15/41 or 42 will work great w/that setup!

Toomeyshee, I agree you should not go above the 14. If you like to drag race at all you will have to stand on the handlebars to get the weight off the tires just so you can launch.

I went up to 22" tires on rear and was running the stock 14/41. All I have is pipes, K&N, and a cool head. That may not be too far off of a 15T with stock tires. I ended up having to drop back to a 13T on the front because trail riding with utility quads was just too slow for that gearing. If it was tight or technical trails, I never got out of first gear and would sometimes have to stop and let them go on ahead because they would be riding so slow I would have to slip the clutch constantly.

Now I can almost idle in first. Trail ride mostly in 2nd-3rd with the utility quads. With sport quads or bikes it still just 3rd-4th. The only time I use 6th is if we hit a gravel road or something.

I guess what I'm saying is top speed is cool, but for trail riding, you will have more fun if you just gear the bike to fit how and where you ride.

15/41 or 42 will work great w/that setup!

Toomeyshee, I agree you should not go above the 14. If you like to drag race at all you will have to stand on the handlebars to get the weight off the tires just so you can launch.

Thanks Shee Freak! I really appreciate that!