TRUCKERS!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trucker here.. here is just a lil what i do....

f08be722.jpg grossing 125,000

ec5902cc.jpg grossing 135,000 +

i mainly haul machines but run them when not busy relocating... but just lil info... 53ft tri axle trailer and a triaxle truck.. total somewhere around 75 ft, empty weight is 50,000..... 99 pete 550cat 18spd double framed with heavy front axle and heavy rear ends... 433 gears....

Just wonderin how many of u are drivers, i got my class B right out of high school, im 19 now and had a good job drivin a tri axle but i recently lost it becuase the insurnce to insure young drivers.. Just wonderin im pretty bumed bout it cuase i rely enjoyed doin it but guess its time to start over!! Later guys

Come to the oil field in rock springs wyoming. Make really good money driving trucks and the big oil companies are desperate for drivers right now. Garuntee you would have a job within two or three days of filling out applications. The wanted ads at the job place are huge in the driver section. Especially for companies looking for class A / B drivers.

semi4.jpg

my old job hauled anything powder or that would fit into the tank. cement, lime, catylst. made good money home on the weekends.

groendyke.jpg

new job way better money and benefits. home most every nite. oil, propane, butane.

as far as you losing your job. stick with it if you like it. find a job that will hire you. everyone is needing drivers. but your age and experience is going to make it a bit harder to do. once you get a yr or 2 of experience with out any tickets or wrecks you will be a wanted person.

will say it used to be a cool job, but with all the laws adn new rules that the govt makes it. really makes it hard for a guy to make some money.

Come to the oil field in rock springs wyoming. Make really good money driving trucks and the big oil companies are desperate for drivers right now. Garuntee you would have a job within two or three days of filling out applications. The wanted ads at the job place are huge in the driver section. Especially for companies looking for class A / B drivers.

Jared, I work for one of the big oil companies that has a yard in the Rock, IPS. I'm out of Western Oklahoma, but there is always talk of going to the Rock to work because they are short handed.

NIIICE RIGS guys. Thats pretty cool to no theres quite a few drivers on here, i wanna get my cdl eventualy but again the age makes it hard to get hired no matter how good u are on the road, im gonna get on it lookin for another job drivin but its deffinatly sent thoughts through my head about goin to brush up on some trades or somthin im just BUMED out lol thanx guys tale to ya later

I don't know if you guys would consider me a "real" truck driver but I work for a food company. We are pretty much local and pull shuttles with doubles and triples. We deliver Subways, Applebees, Cinnabons, Tacotimes to name a few.

It pays well but they'sve been really running us into the ground, we can't get enough people hired.

I'd like to know if the old "flash your lights" when a truck wants back over in the slow lane is still useful? Either the new trucks can't flash the trailer lights to say thanks or a lot of drivers are insulted by this. Maybe we just have rude big rigs around here... :confused: