TRUCKERS!

big blue do you team??

to turn denvers and be home a bunch i take it you do. or your a super trucker or a methhead. lol.

your not driving a cab over like a lot of companies do for that stuff. god i hope not. never been in one never will if i can do anything about it.

what hiway you take. maybe ill see you and talk fancy cb lingo or something.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I just feel like I'm saying, "Come over!" and we all know these days if you tell an American to do anything they'll resist at all costs. In the old days it was a courtesy. Now I think some feel they don't need any help.

I usually do it if the truck driver:

• Has someone on his rear bumper and needs to get over soon. Otherwise, he can keep passing and get over when it is clearly safe.
  • Puts their blinker on "early". As if saying, "Let me know when I am clear".
  • Pauses slightly - stops passing and doesn't come over yet. As if he's looking in his mirrors.

It could be worse. You could be stuck downtown tonight... :confused:

Are you talking about the PSB err... that's St. Louis speak for Poplar Street Bridge - the interstate bridge over the Mississippi - construction or just a rough and bumpy section? I don't get down there much.

I think the entire interstate system is in terrible condition the nation over. They cannot seem to fix it fast enough. I know places where asphalt becomes rutted a few weeks after they finish. Concrete doesn't do that, but it is more expensive, invasive and time consuming to use.

The thing I've noticed about Saint Louis is they work on a road and all the feasable detours at the same damn time! They had been resurfacing I-270 on the North side of the metro area this Summer too... :evil:

Sorry you had a bad experience here... :sad:

EDIT: Break-up first paragraph.

Edited by STLBILL

by the arch took 44 to 55 to 70 to ill. went to hartford to get a load.

yeah used to go thru there like every week. go to ste genevieve and get a load of lime. bring it to ks.

i70 to kc was nice this time they paved most of it wasnt so beat you to death.

big blue do you team??

to turn denvers and be home a bunch i take it you do. or your a super trucker or a methhead. lol.

your not driving a cab over like a lot of companies do for that stuff. god i hope not. never been in one never will if i can do anything about it.

what hiway you take. maybe ill see you and talk fancy cb lingo or something.

Yep we run teams, we unload our own trailers so we have to.

They used to have cab overs a several years ago.

We take 412 to I35 to I70 and head to Denver and Colorado Springs this is our 2nd trip, the first one is eastern Arkansas. Just look for a Mckee truck white volvos, there are several other teams that run all over Kansas also.

by the arch took 44 to 55 to 70 to ill. went to hartford to get a load.

yeah used to go thru there like every week. go to ste genevieve and get a load of lime. bring it to ks.

i70 to kc was nice this time they paved most of it wasnt so beat you to death.

Bless you for trying to take a big rig through there! :notworthy:

I know the area, but not the exact route. Even people who live here get confused coming from Illinois in all that mess. Going East is slightly easier for me. There are 4 Interstates (44,55,64,70) going across one bridge there so a lot is just volume and confused people. Although technically I-44 ends on the Missouri side it still dumps people out there. :ohmy:

If you make that I-55 run from St. Genevieve you are pretty close to Saint Joe State Park which is a great Banshee riding spot. If you took 32 West of St. Gen you'd come right past the park. Might be a problem on 32 if you were heavy though. Best route would be to stay on 32 when it becomes W and then take B Hwy North through the park. Anyway... I'm quite sure you couldn't get a big rig into the riding area. Might be fun though. Put a flag on it and have fun! :laugh:

EDIT: Get rid of white space at bottom of message... :mad:

<------------class a 03 pete 550 cat haul tankers for as long as i can remember like it but h8 the a$$holes in the 4 wheelers(not quads)

How so?

Edited by STLBILL

yeah i think i took 32 over hiway 8 to get on 44 to head towards okc. awful roads, curvy and narrow. i think ive been by that park kinda not sure. been couple of yrs since i was there.

as for the 4wheelers, hmm they cut you off. block your lanes, stay in the left lane going 65 in a 75, and dont care. think we can stop on a dime. try pulling a tank with no baffles in it. and playing with traffic. you cant give yourself enough room case somethign happens. but keep cutting in front of you.

and they want to slow trucks down to 68 mph most dont go that fast but some can. and keep cars ballz out. 90vs 65 your going to have problems. but the govt knows what they ar edoing.

whats your truck number there big blue. probably wont see you never know. as far as teaming man i could never do that. i cant sleep witha truck bouncing around. and you have to trust the other driver with your life.

The truck Ive supposed to be in has been down so we take whatever is available. Sleeping in the trucks we have isnt to bad they ride pretty good. They guy I ride with has been driving for more years than I have been alive so...... and if one of us gets tire we just stop and take a nap, I never realized what an hour or so nap could do for you until I started driving.

Same here, I don't drive them but I fix them. I fix your guy's screw ups, jks

Man thats what all our mechanics say to, they must tell all you guys that in the training vids or something,lol. If those mechanics would fix it right the 1st time I wouldn't have to keep bringing it in,lol.