Shaving the frame

I put on T6 pipes, and SS brake lines... This leaves a big set of dog ears (factory mount tabs) on frame with rubber cushions along the bottom rail under the motor from the factory pipes, and another set of ears just behind the front bumper where the stock brake lines went from hard line to rubber hose on each side. Are these tabs used for ANYTHING aftermarket? Or should I just get out the dremel tool, shave them off, and touch up the paint?

Thanks for the input!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking a sawzall will slip right in there without having to take anything apart even. Then I can use a file and dremel to smooth it out . I was just worried if FMF or other aftermarket pipes I may end up using in the future might use those tabs.

I will say one thing for sure though. While installing the front brake lines I noticed that my experimental boost bottle (experimental because I've heard good and bad things about them and wanted to try for myself) was just barely touching the left pipe of my T6's. Luckily I caught this with only about 20 minutes ride time since the pipes and bottle were installed... (No damage to the pipes at all!) I pulled the bottle, and WOW! HUGE increase in bottom end power!!! It's actually gonna be a great trail machine now!!! Before the power band was so thin it would have been a huge pain in crack to manuever in tight quarters. Now... It's gonna be a blast!!!!

Should never have questioned it when so many people said the bottle was junk. But I got it for $20 and figured it was worth a try... JUNK!!!! DITCH THE BOTTLE!!!!

there is alot of stock exhaust bs hangers that can be removed from the frame.. the ones on the bottom that you are talking about actually dented and almost put a hole in my t5s (when i ran the pos pipes lol) so watch out.... i took alot of stuff off my frame or replaced it with cleaner metal.. i hate that ugly ass cross member below the pipes.. a straight pipe down there makes it look way better...

and all you guys suck at tuning your bike for a booste bottle.. it is suposed to give you more bottom end.. your gonna have to make some adjustments not just slap it on there.. i stand by the boost bottle.. my bike runs flawless

and all you guys suck at tuning your bike for a booste bottle.. it is suposed to give you more bottom end.. your gonna have to make some adjustments not just slap it on there.. i stand by the boost bottle.. my bike runs flawless

Yeah....ok. That must be you smacking your head in your sig....then, I could see it working...not.

Explain how it works better... All that tube does is help equalize pressure..the stock tube can more than handle that....

well if you cant sufficiently explain to me how it doesnt work then why the fuck do i care to tell you anything.. if you would like to know how it works then do your own research on it.. maybe not read as many forums and do some testing with a product that is sold as an aftermarket upgrade.. maybe just maybe that a company makes a product that it might actually do something.. not my problem you cant get parts to work for your advantage... sucks for you

No...I can sufficiently explain it doesn't do jack shit....

I had one...it didn't do shit, I can tune my own bike...and I got rid of the paper weight.

Changing your spark plugs and keeping your air filter clean will result in better gains...and neither of those will rip your intake boots.

I know exactly how it "Claims to work"...I've read the same advertisements as you, you just believed them...I tested it...and they are false.

Instead of getting in a pointless pissing match with you...I'll just challenge you instead, if you're up to it.

Call any 5 big name builders ( I can name plenty if you can't) and get their opinion on them.

Builders other than Moose or others that actually make the bottle...I'm talking tried and true...non-partial builders.

I'm pretty sure with all the thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours they spend on R&D from everything like port timing to spark plugs, they'd be the first on the list of those saying they're a good thing if they actually did a thing...

They're not. So...does that mean any of the big builders don't know how to tune their bikes either???

Maybe since you do...you could call or write them to give them a hand....I'm sure once they pick the phone back up from laughing/dropping it...they'll be happy to talk to you....

yea call up duncan and tell them there intake is a pos..im sure you have heard of them correct?? they manufacture and sell many bottles.. PRETTY SURE they have and do plenty of R&D.. i dont have to call anyone for info on this cause i wouldnt listen to them anyways.. iv been through alot of builders and will not take any advice but from loren and lenny duncan.. call me whatever you want but they make the most sense to me... look all im saying is with the right motor tuned for the right conditions you will see an improvement in the bottom end response.. no argument about it period.... i know they are not the best for every application especielly drag motors.. i wouldnt use one anyways on a high end motor.. dont have one on my cheetah.. i have one on a midrange port with super quick response... i can start it for you if you like..

i can name almost every big name in the business, dont challenge me to these petty contests.. im not gonna sit here and let uninformed people talk down a product that they dont understand.. your arguments do not teach me anything about the product..

"ruining your intake boots" yup its happened to me too.. i have aluminum now with no problems..

Edited by DRI4life

Duncan racing doens't impress me much with their Banshee Products...so, if that's your lifeline of beliefs....so be it.

If they are the only ones you'll take advice from...you haven't talked to the other right ones...then.

I'm not dissing Duncan or saying in the least they are no good. They've been around for a long time (and used to build a kick ass 250R setup back in the day...still might. Didn't the legendary Gary Denton ride for them for a while?)...but, L&L's banshee stuff doesn't impress me....sorry...that's just my opinion.

I take exception to the "uninformed" people remark...only because I've had one, tried it...and no matter what tuning I did...it didn't do squat. Obviously I won't use one on my cub, either...but, last year on my stock motor, T5's stock carb bike, it didn't do squat either.

I'd say a pod filter'd T5'd bike is your average banshee...wouldn't you?

If it didn't do a thing for that....it does me no good.

However....to end this nicely...if it works for you...so be it..that's all that matters. Your money, your time, your bike....

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one...and move on.

Deal??

:beer:

because they dont use all the pretty billet products to make ther motors bling doesnt mean they dont run the best (IMO).. you would be surprised how clean there midrange motors rev.. from my years of experience i will never use a different motor.. almost everyone of ther products are made from a stock point of view(which is how yamaha made the motor to run)... so no gimmicks.. they do alot for the banshee and its a big part of there company.. the pc valve setup for the 250rs is incredible aswell... what do they need to make to impress you.. i actually dont see other companies do as much for the banshee as they do.. maybe you should look closer at what they do.. no one ports like that.. nobody..

back to the booste bottle.. i never argued it is good for every application but it should not be passed off as a POS or "doesnt do shit for my bike"... i could see it not working with stock intake and stock carbs.. agreed :beer:

there was a thread on everything2strokes.com that i would completely agree.. actual tests with no biass point of view.. it was quite interesting

Edited by DRI4life