dune buggies

Dune Buggy.com if you have money... Shit we built ours, damn you take one look at it makes you want to bust a load in yo pants. Ours has race proven technology (unlike most sand cars), gps, tv, radio, headsets, ls7 tuned by UMI, king shocks, ect.

For a good buggy thats semi affordable Sand Cars unlimited has been our choice for the past couple years. Well handling and often fast

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did he say 400 hp LS1 in that thing :baseball_sleep:... if i ever total my Cobra... I'll put my 4.6 DOHC 4 Valve Vortech Supercharged 500+ powerhouse in a sand rail:evil: ... maybe some wings on it also... but fo now... i'll probably be watching that thing do wheelies across comp hill while im sitting on my shee trying to keep my jaw closed... :headbang:

-Shadow1

that guy said hed have 250 in his new car. i think you can buy a used trophy truck or class 1 for that much.

Ya. But is a Class1 all gold and chrome?! hahahaha. That dude has some serious money to waste and a lot of people to impress.

Ya. But is a Class1 all gold and chrome?! hahahaha. That dude has some serious money to waste and a lot of people to impress.

well no. haha. but i was running the classifieds and saw that jesse jones' trophy is for sale for 225k. 25/30 travel with king kongs, my pick anyday. of course it owuld cost you another 25 to have it prepped, but its only money right?

did he say 400 hp LS1 in that thing :baseball_sleep:... if i ever total my Cobra... I'll put my 4.6 DOHC 4 Valve Vortech Supercharged 500+ powerhouse in a sand rail:evil: ... maybe some wings on it also... but fo now... i'll probably be watching that thing do wheelies across comp hill while im sitting on my shee trying to keep my jaw closed... :headbang:

-Shadow1

yeah last year when i was at Little Sahara there was a LS1 supercharged buggy there it was bad ass, said it dynoed about 750 at the rear wheels!!!!

yeah last year when i was at Little Sahara there was a LS1 supercharged buggy there it was bad ass, said it dynoed about 750 at the rear wheels!!!!

Un huh..... Everyone likes to pump up their numbers.

750 at the rear wheels means it would have to be 1000HP at the crank.

Anyway, I agree that majority of the builders are in CA and AZ.

It all depends on what you want and how much money you want to spend.

I still stand with Short Sand Cars, especially the long travel ones. I saw a couple big ones (4 seat) get stuck REAL easy because they are so damn heavy, and it takes like 6 guys to move one of those fuckers. A short sand car is only 600lbs and seats 2 and is just as fast if not faster than the big guys, with the same travel in some cases. You get a short sand car stuck you get out pick up the front end and spin it around. I've done it. Also about half the price of a big-ass rail.

Long Travel Short Sand Car with Turbo Hyabusa engine.

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

No way does a short wheel base rail dune like a long wheel base car.

Getting stuck is usually 90% driver error.

We have guys in our group with those little rails like in your pix, they are wore out after hanging with us big V8 guys after 3 hours of duning.

Way more work in one of those little cars.

umm... if you want real crazy power just put that rotary into a rail... or the jixer engine in there... in a XTC rail...

No, if you want real power, come to Gordons Well this year and watch my buddy with his new rail.... with a 572 cubic inch fuel injected big block.

He is going to be running the new 4" shocks and bypasses in the rear.

This car is going to be totally sick!!!!!!

No way does a short wheel base rail dune like a long wheel base car.

Getting stuck is usually 90% driver error.

We have guys in our group with those little rails like in your pix, they are wore out after hanging with us big V8 guys after 3 hours of duning.

Way more work in one of those little cars.

No, if you want real power, come to Gordons Well this year and watch my buddy with his new rail.... with a 572 cubic inch fuel injected big block.

He is going to be running the new 4" shocks and bypasses in the rear.

This car is going to be totally sick!!!!!!

Same as getting stuck is 90% driver error, so is you trying to say the smaller ones are more work. Only if you don't know what you are doing. They are smaller, corner faster, and will get in and out of tight spaces easier. (witches eyes, V's, etc) I ride on ACTIVE sand dunes, not like sand mt. or glamis like some of you. Our dunes blow around and move day to day and the sand is REALLY REALLY soft compared to other places. EVERY single big rail I have ever seen at KP is usually stuck. Their huge rear end weight gets them stuck all the time. Even with a little throttle they just spin down into the sand unless they are on totally level ground or pointed downhill. Even revving up and dumping the clutch with some will dig them in. The smaller rails work best where I ride.

Just My Opinion. I've ridden in lots of small and big ones and they are all fun. Both have their ups and downs. Just like ANY comparison out there.

Same as getting stuck is 90% driver error, so is you trying to say the smaller ones are more work. Only if you don't know what you are doing. They are smaller, corner faster, and will get in and out of tight spaces easier. (witches eyes, V's, etc) I ride on ACTIVE sand dunes, not like sand mt. or glamis like some of you. Our dunes blow around and move day to day and the sand is REALLY REALLY soft compared to other places. EVERY single big rail I have ever seen at KP is usually stuck. Their huge rear end weight gets them stuck all the time. Even with a little throttle they just spin down into the sand unless they are on totally level ground or pointed downhill. Even revving up and dumping the clutch with some will dig them in. The smaller rails work best where I ride.

Just My Opinion. I've ridden in lots of small and big ones and they are all fun. Both have their ups and downs. Just like ANY comparison out there.

You really don't think Glamis sand doesn't move???

You obviously have never been out here.

We get gusts of 65mph for 3 days, that will move sand around.

Have you actually driven a V8 powered long wheel base rail? I have, in fact, I have one in my garage.

I have also driven a short wheel base 4 cylinder turbod car. The smaller car is more work, no doubt about it.

The small cars I have seen end up cutting corners when trying to follow the big boys. They don't have the suspension to keep up.

You can't tell me that car with gas shocks in your pix can handle like my car with coils and bypass shocks. No way.

You really don't think Glamis sand doesn't move???

You obviously have never been out here.

We get gusts of 65mph for 3 days, that will move sand around.

Have you actually driven a V8 powered long wheel base rail? I have, in fact, I have one in my garage.

I have also driven a short wheel base 4 cylinder turbod car. The smaller car is more work, no doubt about it.

The small cars I have seen end up cutting corners when trying to follow the big boys. They don't have the suspension to keep up.

You can't tell me that car with gas shocks in your pix can handle like my car with coils and bypass shocks. No way.

Had you actually read my statement you would see that I wasn't trying to argue any of those facts. Yes, I have driven both and I felt the V8 LS1 Twin Turbo rail I drove was heavy and took too much to maneuver. I just prefer the smaller ones. I don't need to prove anything by saying "I have a big hunk of metal and rubber that cost more than your car." That's just not me.

I do not doubt that glamis dunes move. You have never been to KP before or you wouldn't make the statement about dunes moving. You have no idea what KP is like. Wyoming is notorious for high winds. I'm talking over 100mph sustained winds for 2 or more days. Killpecker Sand dunes is the ONLY active sand dunes in america.

The short sand car in my pictures had 20+" front travel and close to 20" rear. That is plenty of travel for a vehicle of that weight. The big ones have more weight and need more travel to handle the landings. I would follow your big rail anywhere you take me in our short sand car. I can absolutely garuntee you that I can take my short sand car in a LOT of places at KP that your big rail wouldn't have a chance of getting into. Not without serious damage at least. Garuntee it.

TATUM...built here in AZ, very pricey though...like bansh88 said CA to AZ are the best builders. Those things are awesome...wish I could get one(I won't take a second out on the house for it) Bansh88...what's a flat biller?