dune buggies

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also. No one really calls them "dune buggies" anymore. Unless it's like an old school VW. They're sand rails. Or sand cars

Your question is too vague and broad to get a good answer. Are you looking for economy rail? top of the line? fastest? what? I'll assume you're from back east.

5 years ago i built my own baja beetle from a 66 chassis and a 60 body, have a dune buggy, its old VW shortend 14 inch, fiber glass body. broke the chassis so we got a fully built tube one now. Berrien Buggy

they are the best for a small VW powered buggy, they are ALL over here in michigan.

No offense, but any rail built outside Southern CA or AZ isn't gonna be top of the line.

I live in El Cajon. A suburb of san Diego. Just in my city alone, there are like 8 different builders. It's getting rediculous. Glamis is becoming majority Long Travel Rails. Just in the past 5 years it has exploded.

Rumor has it, everyone is taking money out of their Inflated home value to but these things. Average price is about 40-70k for a new ride. That's just average.

No offense, but any rail built outside Southern CA or AZ isn't gonna be top of the line.

I live in El Cajon. A suburb of san Diego. Just in my city alone, there are like 8 different builders. It's getting rediculous. Glamis is becoming majority Long Travel Rails. Just in the past 5 years it has exploded.

Rumor has it, everyone is taking money out of their Inflated home value to but these things. Average price is about 40-70k for a new ride. That's just average.

wow ur pretty proud of those CA buggies.....probably the best built in the world huh just right down the road from you...dang :clap:

Don't believe the hype. They are all about the same from Appletree to Whitehill. Tube framing is all the same just depending on material type and wall thickness that you order. Mechanics is what really makes a buggy. Powerplant ,tranny, shocks and suspension.. Everything else is just icing to make it yours. I have a 1914 vw powered Berrien Buggy frame and if I were gonna get what I really wanted I would get a mazone or short sand cars with a 1 liter or better bike motor. And I would buy someone elses used toy and let them take the cash loss for the build.