MX motors

ThE_BaNsHeE_mAn88

i was looking for some mods to do to my motor to make it better mx and was woundering if the guys that rum mx if you could list your motor mods. thanks

Derick

i was looking for some mods to do to my motor to make it better mx and was woundering if the guys that rum mx if you could list your motor mods. thanks

Derick

Pro Design Cool head

4mm Hot Rod Crank, 5mm Rods

1.5 oversize wiseco pistons

V Force 3

Tusk Racing Clutch

Currently running FMF Fatty Powercore 2 (But will be changing to Paul Turners or LRD later)

14 Front Sprocket

41 Rear Sprocket

Pro Design Filter (Open Lid)

And that's about it.

Paul Turners Mid Ranges on the way

MX Porting

Milled Head .020"

Trued & welted Hot Rod Crank

Wiseco pistons

Lightened Flywheel

V-Force 2

Degree advanced +4

PWK 35mm 2 In 1 Keihin Carb/Trinity Stage 4 Intake

K&N Filter with Outerwear

Barnett Clutch

14 Front Sprocket

41 Rear Sprocket

i havent heard to much about DG pipes and i i havent riddina banshee with anything else and was woundering if they would be fine?

Paul Turners Mid Ranges on the way

MX Porting

Milled Head .020"

Trued & welted Hot Rod Crank

Wiseco pistons

Lightened Flywheel

V-Force 2

Degree advanced +4

PWK 35mm 2 In 1 Keihin Carb/Trinity Stage 4 Intake

K&N Filter with Outerwear

Barnett Clutch

14 Front Sprocket

41 Rear Sprocket

Simon, let me know how thoughs pipes are, they look good through online reviews but its always good to have another opinion :thumb:

i dont race mx but my motor is fully built for midrange.. duncan porting with the tunnel ports is seriously the smoothest powerband iv ever had.. they cost alot but well worth the money imo.. you cant go wrong with a proven company like them....

this is the top end i have

i realy like this set up and i think i might go that way. i might not be this summer but forsure by next race season. :headbang:

I had a stock motor(.020 with Wiesco pistons), Toomey T-5's, Toomey 2 into 1 air filter, and the DynoPort jet kit and needles and had plenty of power to clear any jump. My problem was keeping a clutch. You have to keep 2 fingers on the clutch even with a ported ( and everything else) motor. I thought I had to have a hopped up motor when I started. After 3 people( one old racer and 2 engine builders) told me to leave it stock and learn to ride it I did that and I was a believer. Good pipes, open airbox or not one like mine was, and good jetting are plenty. Your looking at around 60 HP with just that. It just takes time to learn a Banshee period and even more time to learn to MX one if its in exelent shape.

Im runnin fmf fatties, .030 over and a cool head with 20cc domes and its pleanty... I agree with twiles.... you dont need motor work for mx... a set of pipes and you should be good, put your money into suspension.

I agree with that dosent need 80hp a good set of pipes and I like the single carb setup and put money on good suspension.

i have DG pipes and i dont know much about them and if they are good?i was thinking of getting FMF gnralys.

Paul Turner Midrange pipes

Gorr Port mx/woods

v-force3's

noss head 21cc

RS +4 timing

35mm pwks(trading for graydon 2 into 1)

lightened flywheel

Cut shiftstar

Vitos Crank

Hinson Clutchbasket

Tusk Clutches

Billet water impellar.

Same as the other guys say. If your gonna have a big motor get some good suspension!.....

I would love to have had a LoneStar or Laeger framed Banshee. The fastest Banshee's I have ever seen to this day were Doug Eichner and Keith Marks at Lorretta Lynns in 1997 in Open Pro-Am. They were both on Pro-Trax Banshee's and went twice as fast then as the baddest 450's go now. I trashed my frame and started to part out the bike to build a LoneStar Outlaw Banshee like your's but I just sold enough to put it back with the stock frame. I had a guy build a set of a-arms for me and it handled good enough to run with the 250R's and 450 aftermarket bikes.

If I could find an old Laeger Banshee with the T-Pin and CR500 rear link setup I would buy it.

the Lonestar is great and I love it but I would love to have the T-pin front end. The way that Lonestar designed their front upper a-arms, I cannot adapt the T-pin to it. Oh well such is life, What I have is a far cry better than a stock framed banshee.

The a-arms you have should be 250R a-arms. You should be able to bolt a 250R ProTrax front-end right onto the frame you have. They told me that it used " HONDA " suspension front and back when I was looking at them. Ask around. That should work.