MX motors

ThE_BaNsHeE_mAn88

Loboboy, I'm curious what is different about the front of yours that it can use the T-pin. I have no idea if mine could or not, I never had a whole lot of interest in it. Mine has the adjustable mounting points on the front and I haven't even messed with those yet. What is different about the CR link? I have the no link, which I think is close to the same set-up as your frame.

As far as motors go, mine is in the low to mid 70s and docile as hell down low. I run 16/39 gears if that tells you anything, the powervalves give it alot more down low than I really even need. Having the bike to run the motor is key.

It's a 4mm 12 port RZ built by Passion.

I was curious about the frame differences, thanks.

Legend hu? The outlaw frame is lonestar's 250R based frame that uses a Banshee motor. They told me after 2 phone calls and 3 email using 3 different email addresses that the 88 and 89 model 250R COMPLETE front and rear ends including shocks and linkage bolt right up to the frame. It gives you Honda geometry and suspension. A no-link is availible also like loboboy has.

The Laeger Protrax frame is not like the Lonestar in the front or back It has its own Protrax T-Pin front end that goes with it and unless its changed it uses a D-arm upper A-arm like the stock frame and the CR 500 link in that back. That gives 12" of travel front and back. You still use 250R brakes, axle, bearing carrier, and hubs. If you built one all new it I thinktook about $20,000. The Lonestar was cheaper since you didn't have to buy the CR linkage($500) and ProTrax front-end($2,200). It used regular a-arms and they didn't do the CR500 linkage. Laeger is the way to go if you can afford it. Look at www.duncanracing.com at the pictures and see Laeger Banshee's. They would still out-do anything ever built with the right rider. They had the handling and suspension of the Protrax 250R's and the Banshee motor. If you don't know what the Protrax front-end is look at www.laegerracing.com and see one. Go to the 250R or 450R pages for a good look.

I checked in on the the frame after he had won the Open championship and they never told me that.

loboboy........ Have you ever ridden a Banshee with the Lobo2 front and rear end. I tried to mimic that with the front-end I had built. I was at Loretta Lynns the year Spader raced I guess the first Lobo Banshee. He was moving but there wasn't an aftermarket framed Banshee there to compare to. How do they do? I might go that route.

well guys thanks for all the help. im going to be making a practice track here in a week or two and going to get my bike ready this winter to race next season.thanks again. :beer:

Derick