wtf seat cover getting under my skin

ElDiablo52

Ok so I got my pimp confederate flag seat cover from ebay, Ive heard all about how you install these things, So I tear my old cover off go out and buy me a nice aluminum heavy duty staple gun and some 1/4" staples, let that bioch sit out in the sun all day and when I get it all set up to go on the damn staples barely penetrate the plastic? So whats the deal? Do I need some super staples, a stronger stapler or what? Next step im gonna take the air stapler to work and slam like 5000 staples in this bitch its pissing in my cereal to have to ride on a bare foam seat cause I cant get this cover on. :banghead:

Ok so I got my pimp confederate flag seat cover from ebay, Ive heard all about how you install these things, So I tear my old cover off go out and buy me a nice aluminum heavy duty staple gun and some 1/4" staples, let that bioch sit out in the sun all day and when I get it all set up to go on the damn staples barely penetrate the plastic? So whats the deal? Do I need some super staples, a stronger stapler or what? Next step im gonna take the air stapler to work and slam like 5000 staples in this bitch its pissing in my cereal to have to ride on a bare foam seat cause I cant get this cover on. :banghead:

if it is the 3mil thick vinyl like a graphics kit has,you have two options.1 use a stanley power shot staple gun with 8 millimeter staples.the handle loads at the front so you can get pressure on the pan.use a blow drier to soften the material too.that helps the staples get thru.2 use a air powered stapler.i bought one and it is all i use now.but it is like a 100 investment and for one seat,i dont see it benifitting you.just make sure the staples are no more than a 1/4 inch long or you will blast right thru the new cover.

this is what you need:

one clothes dryer

one six-pack ice cold beer

one staple gun

throw cover in dryer, and drink one beer, when 1st beer is gone remove cover from dryer and wrestle it over your foam and pan and stretch the sides over near the bend in front and tack them on...wipe sweat from brow...now stretch front and rear of cover and use about fifty staples, now finish up on the sides....when all doneconsume remaining five beers while admiring how bitchin' your new seat cover looks on the banshee

this is what you need:

one clothes dryer

one six-pack ice cold beer

one staple gun

throw cover in dryer, and drink one beer, when 1st beer is gone remove cover from dryer and wrestle it over your foam and pan and stretch the sides over near the bend in front and tack them on...wipe sweat from brow...now stretch front and rear of cover and use about fifty staples, now finish up on the sides....when all doneconsume remaining five beers while admiring how bitchin' your new seat cover looks on the banshee

uhhh,you guys are makin this too hard on the guy.i have recovered over 200 seats.it is not that bad.all i can say is it does require patience and beer,and i used a stanley power shot on over 100 of those seats.i never had a problem with it,you just need to put some ass behind it.lol

Putting Rebel Cover on was a bitch as well. You have to pull on it like a mother! Staples here, staples there. I maged it with a regular staple gun. Nothing too crazy. Lots of the staples didn't go all the way in. The cover turned out ok. Little ripple toward the rear but hardly noticeable. The underneath looks like shit with all the staples but the cover has held up for 3 years now. No problems.

I would think about taking it to an upholster if I ever get another seat cover. Pay someone $15 to do a pro job

I got the stanley aluminum stapler sharpshooter I beleive and some 1/4" staples (smallest they had) and the thing is so weak and the staples have flat tips, Im thinking air stapler with some pointed staples. I already have an air stapler but no air so I would have to do it at work. I dunno it just seems to be a P.I.A trying to line it up perfect and get all the wrinkles out. And it was the rubber material I was trying to staple to and it just about stoped the staples dead when they hit the plastic pan.

Take it to an upholstery shop and pay them the 15-20 bucks and then on your way home grab that beer and while you are sitting there admiring your new seat, you can smile to yourself knowing that you didn't even raise your blood pressure to do it. No worrying about lumps, staples through the outside, "why?", because that is there job.

It's not worth the headache if you don't already have the stapler............. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...