Stumped

96 Banshee DG Pipes,290 mains,Air screws 1.5 out,Open box K&N and outerwears, Stock Carbs with tors,New 180 watt stator,Adjustable timing plate set at stock for breakin period,New Crank with seals,New top end Wiesco 64 mm setup, stock head 120 compression,Boysen reeds. Will fire ittermitently on the choke side spitting fuel at idle.Weaker on the choke side even when riding wot. tors plugged in or unplugged doesn't change.Cleaned carbs several times, choke tube in place, no airleaks(checked with carb cleaner)Swapped plug wires no help,Plug on choke side wet while the other dry. same color choc brown. This is a friends shee and its just fucking confusing the fuck out of us. We both have plenty of 2 stroke experience but this ones got us pissed.I am sure its a carb issue because we switched the plug wires and no help. but what the Fuck everything has been done to these carbs that should be.I am posting to what see what some of the other experienced guys here think?????????

would that cause 1 side to be weak? without effecting the other. its strong. What should the gap be if you know?

I just thought about it and we swapped the plug wires and it didn't help so I would say the flywheel is out the question thats why I thought some type of carb issue.

Floats maybe? did you check the height when you had the carbs apart last? IDK :shrug:

didn't check the floats but never messed with them and no fuel coming out of the overflows

slides are good right side runs to a t the left is fucked. I am going to check the float tommorow but not leaking out the overflows????

96 Banshee DG Pipes,290 mains,Air screws 1.5 out,Open box K&N and outerwears, Stock Carbs with tors,New 180 watt stator,Adjustable timing plate set at stock for breakin period,New Crank with seals,New top end Wiesco 64 mm setup, stock head 120 compression,Boysen reeds. Will fire ittermitently on the choke side spitting fuel at idle.Weaker on the choke side even when riding wot. tors plugged in or unplugged doesn't change.Cleaned carbs several times, choke tube in place, no airleaks(checked with carb cleaner)Swapped plug wires no help,Plug on choke side wet while the other dry. same color choc brown. This is a friends shee and its just fucking confusing the fuck out of us. We both have plenty of 2 stroke experience but this ones got us pissed.I am sure its a carb issue because we switched the plug wires and no help. but what the Fuck everything has been done to these carbs that should be.I am posting to what see what some of the other experienced guys here think?????????

assuming these are stock carbs... make sure the bowls are not flipped left to right... left side has a choke circuit, right side does not

yyz

Carb bowls are not swapped and it would not matter when its warm, Air filter clean.Took off outerwears no change and its clean also. as far as needles don't think that would effect it at idle.But you never know with these Shee's!!!! :banghead:

got another set of carbs you can try?

I would swap him mine to check but hes got the fucking tors on there still, Hopefully we can get another friends with tors to check it.