Namura Technologies Pistons

You can put that grey coating on a set of wisco pistons your self. I did these while I had them out of my banshee.

CoatedPistons3.jpg

The top is also a heat reflective coating.

CoatedPistons6.jpg

516300[/snapback]

why would u do that?? as far as im concerned you just added some thickness to your piston skirt...

Is ther too much difference between a wiseco prolite and a Trinity prolite piston kit? just wonderin cause they sounded perty similar n im already basically buyin a new motor worth a parts from trinity n was wondrin if itd just be more convenient ta get ther pistons wit it too.

why would u do that?? as far as im concerned you just added some thickness to your piston skirt...

516345[/snapback]

There isnt that much tickness added. It is sprayed on with an air brush. One ultra fine coat. Like a film of oil. Most calipers probably are not accurate enough to measure the thickness of the coating. I put it on there because it is an oil retaining coating. Helps hold the oil to the piston skirts.

Here is what tech line has to say about the clearances.

Techline coatings FAQ Webpage

WHAT ABOUT CLEARANCES?

The dry film lubricants will burnish as they run until they are no longer visible. They are applied at thicknesses ranging from .0005" to .0015". However, before assembly the coating may be burnished back to less than .0002" with gentle buffing using "Scotch-bright" or similar material.NO CHANGES need to be made in clearances due to the use of these coatings, though in many instances because of the reduced part temperature and increased lubrication tighter clearances may be run.