Zuki 450R

I know this has been discussed... but what do you guys think of them?

I was looking at a yellow/blue one today @ the yami dealer, and couldn't help but wonder how nice one would be with a LT500 motor in it. I know they're new but anyone heard of people doing anything with them? B)

I might find a thumper to put around in the trails on eventually, but not until I got my shee done.

Edited by Passion99

when we were at the dunes i saw them gettin their asses beat by 450r and yfz450. there was 3 of them there i think and they were gettin spanked. they are also wide as hell. no good for a trail machine. its prolly at home on the track but for the trails yfz450 is my choice.

I haven't seen any at all here.I bet that some one puts a hyabusa engine in one tho.

511717[/snapback]

Thats a given... people are :wacko:

Edited by Passion99

I think they are pretty nice quads, just from the specs (mmm EFI, nice 'n wide) and eyeballin' them. I haven't thrown a leg over one but there are a couple racing the desert races here this season...the only thing I can say for sure is that A) I blew by one of them sixth gear pinned on a straightaway and it was like he was parked (just a guess but with stock gearing/18" rears their 5th and top gear is about equal to a Banshee's 5th gear) and B) they've either got a tiny fuel tank or suck gas pretty well, one of them ran out of gas before the 80-mile mark, actually it was closer to 60 miles I believe. Maybe he didn't fill it all the way up, I dunno, Josh's EFI Cannondale gets insane milage, what like 400 mpg?! Not that much but he never has to pit for fuel...

I think they are pretty nice quads, just from the specs (mmm EFI, nice 'n wide) and eyeballin' them.  I haven't thrown a leg over one but there are a couple racing the desert races here this season...the only thing I can say for sure is that A) I blew by one of them sixth gear pinned on a straightaway and it was like he was parked (just a guess but with stock gearing/18" rears their 5th and top gear is about equal to a Banshee's 5th gear) and B) they've either got a tiny fuel tank or suck gas pretty well, one of them ran out of gas before the 80-mile mark, actually it was closer to 60 miles I believe.  Maybe he didn't fill it all the way up, I dunno, Josh's EFI Cannondale gets insane milage, what like 400 mpg?!  Not that much but he never has to pit for fuel...

511802[/snapback]

Stock they are lame machines, nice to look at and the EFI just like the King Quad is nice. But if it screws up on you your SOL.

here is what I'm talking about.

I have quoated this from my friend Kam @ KBR...

"We put Buddha

My buddy...who's into four strokes, read with a pipe, air filter, cam and the Cherry bomb, you can get 55 HP out of that Zuke...

Anyone read anything similar...?

I do like their single under the middle exhaust. However...they sound like SHIT stock....yet to hear one with an aftermarket pipe.

I only saw one at Silver lake two weekends ago...bone stock, not impressive...

My buddy...who's into four strokes, read with a pipe, air filter, cam and the Cherry bomb, you can get 55 HP out of that Zuke...

Anyone read anything similar...?

I do like their single under the middle exhaust.  However...they sound like SHIT stock....yet to hear one with an aftermarket pipe.

I only saw one at Silver lake two weekends ago...bone stock, not impressive...

511991[/snapback]

:yank:

The dealer in my town said the same thing about the power add. This salesman said that a few of his friends that ride yfz 450's rode one and they were racing two different shees and they were kicking their ass. I said whatever. I said was it a stock shee? He said no they were 4 mil strokers. Then I said not even possible. Damn salesman tyring to blow smoke up my ass.

:yank:

The dealer in my town said the same thing about the power add. This salesman said that a few of his friends that ride yfz 450's rode one and they were racing two different shees and they were kicking their ass. I said whatever. I said was it a stock shee? He said no they were 4 mil strokers. Then I said not even possible. Damn salesman tyring to blow smoke up my ass.

512201[/snapback]

thats usually how it works

When my friend bought a suzuki 450,he actually went to the dealer and told them he wanted the fastest 450 they had.They had the 450R,YFZ,and the 450 suzuki.They told him the suzuki was the fastest.He bought it.First time he raced a stock YFZ,let's just say he was pretty upset.Yeah,the YFZ beat him.The suzuki beat the YFZ off the line but the YFZ reeled him in and went by him.I've rode all the 450's.The YFZ does feel like a suzuki but the YFZ is faster.I also like the 450R.I actually like all of them.

I was at the Buttercup "comp" hill in the south dunes. There was 1 LTR450 there. It was holding its own against everything except a custom 450r. win some lose some. All he had done was remove the spark arrestor and pull the air box lid.

I liked the way it looked and it sounded alright for a stock bike.

Just waiting to see what one does with a bigger cam, more compression,undercut sodium filled titanium vlaves, 5 angle valve job and a wicked mid range port job.

I'm sure many a tuner are burning the midnight oil for aftermarket goodies to tune this thing.

18 inch rear tires out of the factory though...c'mon.... Most people trail ride these things...18 inch is good for only the MX track. How bout some twinks on the rear of that thing??

:rolleyes:

I've only seen one stocker run...was ok, nothing special.