Noss cool head

I dont have the VF3's either, but I do have the Noss head.. very simple install. Just make sure you do a compression test afterwards to see what your at and if you will need higher octane gas or not. There should be no jetting change for the head and domes... the reeds may require one though.

I'd go with the Noss head over the reeds. The reeds wear out fairly fast and cost $100 to replace the pettals. The Noss head is pretty easy to install. Good mod for adding low end torque. If you are at sea level you may have to run a little race fuel mixed with pump fuel though for 20cc domes.

id get both also, and your cool on 93 at sea level, i ran 20's at 500 below sea level on 91......

509327[/snapback]

If he stays with stock timing he may be ok.. i had +4 timing and 21's at glamis and destroyed both pistons in about 10min on 91 due to detonation, but then again every bike is different.

I love my noss head. Easy install. I use the 18cc domes, and I'm at about 1000 foot elevation. I get 160 PSI for the compression, and it runs fine on 91 or 93. Definitely gave my banshee more low end power, and maybe even a bit more mid range. Didn't really affect top end.

If I was you I would try 18cc domes, maybe even 17cc. Just use race gas if you have to. Thats my opinion. But you may not even have to.

I didn't have to rejet when I put the new head on.

David gives a discount for being a HQ member. I don't remember what it is for sure, but he is a hell of a good guy. PM him and ask for a price on what you want (silver or colored). The Noss heads use the stock studs, so you don't have to get new studs and change them out. This saves the possibility of breaking one, plus in the event you pinch an o ring and don't have any more on hand you can slap the stocker back on and still ride while waiting for new o rings. I've done it. It's built to an excellent quality standard, and cones with the benefit of having David (dlnoss) on here to answer questions about dome sizes etc. whenever you want.