iRazrs vs. Kenda Knarlies

i have run all of the above on the street and dirt. for the money kenda knarlys are byfar the best choice and work the best in different types of terrain. knarlys are a 6ply tire that isnt too heavy. holeshots and regular razrs have a tread pattern that just digs holes in the soft shit. irazrs are better but they weigh a ton. knarlys tread patters works better for most types of terrain. they also lasta long time and are very reasonable. as for cutting them, thats for straight line draggin or hillclimbing only. if you are using them to play leave all the lugs on...

i dont see how those tires would work. since there is always tread touching the ground how are they able to get a full bite on the tread? by leaving an enitre row out you enable the tire to drop down in between the lugs. when the next row of lugs comes around you get the most bite possible. those tires may work alright but i dont thin they can beat a tire like the knarlys with every other row out...ive tried a ton of tires for hillclimbing, and none have ever come close to the cut knarlys. ive tried the razrs, holeshots, klaws and several more...

i dont see how those tires would work. since there is always tread touching the ground how are they able to get a full bite on the tread? by leaving an enitre row out you enable the tire to drop down in between the lugs. when the next row of lugs comes around you get the most bite possible. those tires may work alright but i dont thin they can beat a tire like the knarlys with every other row out...ive tried a ton of tires for hillclimbing, and none have ever come close to the cut knarlys. ive tried the razrs, holeshots, klaws and several more...

508542[/snapback]

If you really want to try a good tire out loco, you might of tried it but get a set of turf tammers and cut every forth row out.

Do you guys think that Kenda sport radial would be a good trail tire, I'm running radials off of a honda 400ex( they came with the bike) and was having trouble getting them to bite, swinger is a +2 and I'm 230 lbs. Any Ideas? I do have a stock length lonstar 4130 swinger, should I put that on? Do I dare mix radials and bias tires? Thanks :cheers:

If you really want to try a good tire out loco, you might of tried it but get a set of turf tammers and cut every forth row out.

508553[/snapback]

the lugs arent stiff enough. ive tried them. the lugs will just roll over under pressure. might be because they are not verywide from front to back. the knarlys have a wide lug from front to back and they wont rolll over. what kinda dirt you guys on where ur using these tires?? is it really soft chopped up dirt??

the lugs arent stiff enough. ive tried them. the lugs will just roll over under pressure. might be because they are not verywide from front to back. the knarlys have a wide lug from front to back and they wont rolll over. what kinda dirt you guys on where ur using these tires?? is it really soft chopped up dirt??

508630[/snapback]

BBDR is like a clay dirt mix, and thunder valley is a dirt sand mix and the kendal sports hook up great there, bkabina has pro wedge2's and those things really hook up in the sand dirt mix. The only thing I dont like about the pro wedge2's is they swell up real big and looks like they are going to come of the bead.