2001 Banshee overheating

brots06

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boost bottle doesnt do anything.....

505144[/snapback]

It does actually help crack your intake boots. :D

I think the boost bottle is a valid concept, but every motor is different, so a one size fits all solution is impossible.

Edited by odaen

I just bought my 2002 banshee. Had the exact same problem and it turned out the water pump was trash. First ride and half the coolant int he radiator boiled out.

It is so easy to pull the water pump cover and check the condition of the pump. I would do it just to make sure.

If it is bad, the aluminum pump, new bearing, seal, and gear was under $100.

Brian

how do u think its a blown head gasket? I just bought the quad and the coolant is low and i didnt know it, it could be just that simple couldnt it? :confused:

505010[/snapback]

Not when you have a banshee ;x If it overheats within 5 minutes of riding check your impeller. Otherwise if it takes a little while to overheat, and does it almost everytime you ride its your head gasket. Fill 'er up with coolant, run a few long rides, if you're still dripping on the pipes, check your head gasket.

Edited by Passion99

Today i took it on a straight dirt road and punched it, i rode in 6th for about half a mile or so and when i came to the end of the road smoke starting pouring out of the front and a little bit of coolant was leaking onto the pipes.

504732[/snapback]

Id say that would be your problem...holding it wide open that long is not good for it. It will overheat faster than way and you could seize a piston. Engine Ice, Noss machine coolhead, and a mega flow impeller are all good things to put on your banshee.

would it be possible for me to check the headgasket myself if i dont know anything about mechanics, besides the basics and common sense... If i were to have a service guy do it on the side at his house how much do u think it would be to have the head gasket replaced? banghead

How do you know for sure that the bike is overheating? Just because a little coolant is dripping out? I have a temperature gauge installed on my bike and even when its within normal operating temp it still will piss out a little coolant on my pipes when i come to a stop. Now as for the smoke you say is pouring out when you stop are you sure thats not just smoke from the exhaust blowing past you?