Swingarm extending

I just bought a stock swingarm from braxton and Im going to extend it 6 inchs. I was going to do it myslef but I dont trust myself haha. Should I just take it to local welder or have somebody with experience with building shit like that do it?

503209[/snapback]

Is that a trick question?

One part says you dont trust yourself to do it, then the next you ask if you should have someone that knows what they are doing weld it for you...

:rotflmao:

I think you might have answered your own question :cheers:

Do it yourself if you have the skills. Since you are asking the question here, I assume that you doubt your own skills, in which case you shouldn't touch it.

It will be cheaper to buy and extended swingarm on ebay than to pay a shop to extend one for you.

Well if you bought it for 10 bucks.... try extending it yourself without forking out anymore money. If you screw it up then your out 10 bucks. If you screw it up then go buy a real aftermarket one and you will have only waste 10 bucks. Not more paying someone else for screwing it up. That's my .02.

I have experience in welding ...

503366[/snapback]

Then go for it. I run a -2" in the dirt and a +3" in the sand. I modified both of them myself. Just take your time and make sure that everything stays in place when you weld it back together. The thin steel like to move around a lot if you don't control the heat.

Post some pics after your done. I'm thinking about getting a +2 swinger but really can;t afford a aftermarket one. Does a +2 swinger mean it is longer than the stock by 2 inches or is it some other measurement?

503632[/snapback]

Yep...

If you want to go the stock extended route just find a good welder. There are several around here that will do it for about 150... However a couple hundered more and you could probably find a LIGHT nice swinger. Mine is +6 stock and weighs a ass load and doesn't look that nicebanghead Not to mention the stock swinger carriers suck and I can't wait to get a round style... Just things to consider :shrugani:

RIPPEN

Well if you are a good welder or fabricator than yeah it will be a breeze if you just tinker with welding spend the money on either a good swingarm or have it done at a fab shop. What were you going to weld it with as far as how mig tig stick? I have extended quite a few and also buit quite a few and its pretty easy but i am a welder so thats you call like they said your only out ten bucks so give it a whirl. For a shop to do it it will be like 60 bucks an hour so count on being charged 3 hours at least.