2 carbs or 2into1

Hi my names jesse and im a bansheeholic :cry: . j/k I have just got done redoing a banshee. This is my first 2 stroke and I can safely say I will never ride a 4poke again. I got boysen reeds,reed spacers, t-5's, lightened flywheel, +4 advance, prolite rings and pistons, moded reed cages,boost bottle, and open air box. The porting and the carbs are next. I am looking for the best bottom end. Honestly, I'm rarely higher than 4th gear unless were in the river(platte river=no water). Do I go with 2 good carbs or the 2 to 1 setup. And which carb size and make would be suffecient.

So, are you usually riding trails/woods? What type of port did you plan on getting? My opinion is that unless your trying to extract EVERY little HP you can, go with the duals...otherwise get a 2 into 1. :headbang: I would look into getting a used set up on ebay w/ a 35mm Keihin PWK. You see a lot of Trinity Stage IV's there, but if I did it over again I would look for a Graydon Proline intake.

2 into 1 is a good mod for everybody except draggers. Yup, I said it. Trinity has the only manifold I know of on the market, and its okay. I'd second the graydon style intake. Better design IMO. Graydon went out of business awhile back but you still see their parts pop up on ebay or the HQ 4sale section fairly often. I made my own graydon out of 1.5" aluminum tube and 1/4" aluminum plate. With regards to carb size, the general rule of thumb is 33 for non ported or 35 for ported. Kinda goes along the same lines of T5 vs T6 pipes. Why get one that won't work well for future mods when the other will work fine now and down the road?

If you do its really negligible. Well actually I'd say it depends on what you had before. I did my 2:1 originally when I did a bunch of other mods so I can't really compare to stock. On my stroker, I felt like I lost a bit on top but it wasn't anything I'll miss. The benefits of the single carb are definately worth that tiny bit of top end.

Yes its mostly trails and woods riding in these parts and I plan on getting a mx type port. And as far as losing a little top end I could care less, for me its not how :bolt: you can go but how :bolt: you get there. :headbang:

Edited by jesse1004

Stock carbs are not bad,or Yamaha would have not used them for so many years.

498898[/snapback]

And yet they used the same restrictive pipes for the entire design and the same horrific TORS design. Just because it was used for years doesn't mean it was "good enough".

Almost every vehicle manufacturer still uses a paper air filter in every vehicle even though it is proven that a reuseable, washable fabric style (K&N, Airaid..etc) improve power AND fuel mileage. But stock must be good because they've used them for years right?

There is a reason aftermarket companies are in business...

Save your money and keep the stock carbs,just install throttle overide kit.Your money can be spent in other places for better gains.Like suspension,steering stabilizer.Stock carbs are not bad,or Yamaha would have not used them for so many years.

498898[/snapback]

Ummm.. They also used the same suspension too since what 89???

I agree with Wallrat, I think in your case it would work good for you. I actually have a buddy that was talkin about sellin his 38mm setup so if your interested in a price and pics let me know.

RIPPEN

I put the 35mm kit with 2 into1 carb setup on my bike this winter, along with a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket. My mods are:

Toomey T6's

+5 adv. timing

NOSS cool heads 19cc domes

K&N

The new setup has 100% more bottom end now. Excellent for hillclimbs, trails, etc. I do have to shift alot more now that I run out of gear quicker, but it's worth all the added bottom end. My power band is not as smooth now, but i'm looking for a cure for that. My .02 anyway.