Something is wrong!

OK... I was out at Glamis last weekend where the bike ran perfect for the first day and a half, on the second day, it developed a miss at wide open throttle when the bike would come on the power band. It acted like it was running rich but when I pulled the plugs

Edited by jeepman128

A miss at WOT could be a bit too lean of a main jet. Pulling old plugs wouldn't tell you much of anything. Take into account the change in conditions on the second day. I always look to carbueration befofe ignition, just more typical to have problems there.

The timing is at +4 and the jetting is a stock pilot with a 180 main jet. I have tried a 175, 185 , 190 and 200 (keinn single carb) as well with no positive result. It ran the same with the exception of the 200 where it really started to miss on the top end. I am tending to think it is in the ignition like a few have you mentioned because it literally changed in the blink of a riding break on the second day. There was no change in the weather for the 15 minute break and it continues to run that way since I have brought it back here to Phoenix. Is there any specific way to check the ignition, or should i just replace the O.E box, coil and wires to see if that is the problem?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to all that responded... turns out it was exactly what a few of you had mentioned. The coil and wires were bad,I bought new ones this morning per your advice and installed them and now she runs like a champ. This site is truly helpful and i am very appreciative of the hours of diagnosing you saved me! Thanks again!