what is bump steer?

mattw204

Got a little something on your nose jim :P ....

Mike

491315[/snapback]

nawww mike im just not feeling that cocky tonight, maybe a little sentamental, but back in the day meat and walt were plastered all over this site with advice, between them and banchetta i learned a grip of shit about banshee's and i had a few for ten years at that point, that shee used to be an RD-350 street bike, if all the sharp guys leave this site, we will all be just a bunch of chicks chatting......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nawww mike im just not feeling that cocky tonight, maybe a little sentamental, but back in the day meat and walt were plastered all over this site with advice, between them and banchetta i learned a grip of shit about banshee's and i had a few for ten years at that point, that shee used to be an RD-350 street bike, if all the sharp guys leave this site, we will all be just a bunch of chicks chatting......

491342[/snapback]

I'm with ya Jim.... When I first bought my 'shee and it detonated not 2 weeks later those were the guys that got me back on my feet.... When I first joined on here I didn't know the difference between my head and a hole in the ground.... Kinda justifies me dropping a little coin to help the site out... god knows how much headache/money this place has saved me over the years... Not to mention some dickhead I know in cali that hooked a bruddah up with a swingarm... you don't happen to know him do ya :confused::D;) ?

Mike

.  Not to mention some dickhead I know in cali that hooked a bruddah up with a swingarm... you don't happen to know him do ya :confused:  :D  ;) ?

Mike

491346[/snapback]

well ya i know that was me....... i told ya that would be sweet, and it was my pleasure to hook ya up......... walt sent me a counter spocket bolt i couldnt get for two weeks and i was racing that weekend, he wouldnt even let me pay postage, i changed a clutch one night reading meats tips on his site, these guys are HQ icons, ive pissed and barked with both of them, but i would really hate to see them go and hope they can burry the hatchett and hang out, i know walts diggin nevada riding some bad ass trails, gambling at night seeing some great ass, and meats prabally still climbing those dirty nasty black fricking hills, but this site was built around knowledge and they both know it all about shee's, well all this ass im lickin's leaving a shitty taste in my mouth im going to go crack a beer :cheers:

You know when I first came hear to this site last year I thought bump steer was when you drink too much are doing it doggy style and you accidently pull out and bump the taint and go in the wrong hole! HEHE

This whole thing started along time ago during a "long travel" Banshee discussion. My point was, altho the Banshee's design is not optimal for a so called "long travel" front end..... WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY.

There were ideas tossed around like a modified steering stem flag, frame mods, 4-1 offset wheels, STEERING DAMPERS etc etc. Im assuming Walter took this as me trying to make him look wrong. I was honestly shocked at his aggression towards me because up to that point I thought we were freindly with each other. I apoligized to the guy way back then, I apoligized not because we have different opinions on the subject, but because I riled him up. I never meant any disrespect towards walt. Things just got way outta hand. I never got any apoligy back only something like "crybaby, trying to look like the poor victim". Its really impossible to have an good lighthearted opinionated discussion with a guy who no matter what I say..... there's no way I can get my point across to him.

Argueing like we have been only makes us look bad and thats another reason I post crap, bite my tounge and edit it. I dont want to be part of any BHQ drama, Id rather watch all you other guys fight :) .

My guess is Walter wont like anything Iv said in the past two posts that Iv wrote and there's a good chance he'll call me some names, and prolly won't apoligize back to me. Its all so damn silly. Grown men, sitting at a computer fighting about ATV suspension.

Duece and Txblueshee thank you for your input. Im always glad when someone says thanks. Iv had alot of people email me and PM me over the past 6 or 7 years asking me EVERYTHING about Banshees, and I'd say that Iv replied to 95% of these guys with all the help I could give em. Out of that 95%, only half of the guys would write back and say "thanks".

So whattya say Walter. Shall we put this behind us ???? Cause I'd love to get into a good discussion about how we can rig up a working long travel Banshee without a frame swap :evil::cheers:

goddamm it meat i just gained so much respect for you, i know how we all squable on this site, if we were all out riding we'd be having a blast, what ever walts point was im sure its valid as i know your's sure is, my father inlaw has launched rockets for 40 years and is a mathamatiction, and is allways told me about dudes he's butted heads with, just like me with guys in my industry, but we still got a man on the moon, if we all had the same opinion, our technoligy would be so onesided .......ive seen alot of shee's with long travel shocks on stock frames and so im with you meat, ive also seen the sundahl shee run with stealth frame and shocks,(fuckin thing rips) so im with walt also, but ive read a ton of posts, where you guys were best pals, you both know these fuckin bikes so well, theres going to be a disagreement, hell ill go at it with ya, (and what do i know), but bottom line i think we are all friends, we all own these sweet fricken 2-stroke rockets, your yellow bike is one of the sweetest ive seen, has everything to haul ass and hang on, walts grey bike with the skulls has THE sickest paint job ive ever seen on a bike let alone a quad, he's a great guy, he's going to get back with us and help some 10,000 memebers with there bikes and enjoy helping us all, just like you do, we hang out behind a screen, but if we were on the trails it would be all for one and one for all, ok between the taste of both your asses, i need another beer :jesterlaugh: Thank You Meat and Walt for all your help past and present............jim

goddamm it meat i just gained so much respect for you, i know how we all squable on this site, if we were all out riding we'd be having a blast, what ever walts point was im sure its valid as i know your's sure is, my father inlaw has launched rockets for 40 years and is a mathamatiction, and is allways told me about dudes he's butted heads with, just like me with guys in my industry, but we still got a man on the moon, if we all had the same opinion, our technoligy would be so onesided .......ive seen alot of shee's with long travel shocks on stock frames and so im with you meat, ive also seen the sundahl shee run with stealth frame and shocks,(fuckin thing rips) so im with walt also, but ive read a ton of posts, where you guys were best pals, you both know these fuckin bikes so well, theres going to be a disagreement, hell ill go at it with ya, (and what do i know), but bottom line i think we are all friends, we all own these sweet fricken 2-stroke rockets, your yellow bike is one of the sweetest ive seen, has everything to haul ass and hang on, walts grey bike with the skulls has THE sickest paint job ive ever seen on a bike let alone a quad, he's a great guy, he's going to get back with us and help some 10,000 memebers with there bikes and enjoy helping us all, just like you do, we hang out behind a screen, but if we were on the trails it would be all for one and one for all, ok between the taste of both your asses, i need another beer :jesterlaugh: Thank You Meat and Walt for all your help past and present............jim

491818[/snapback]

I think somebody needs a fuckin hug!! :P

Just kiddin man, I hope these guys get it worked out.

Sorry I havent had a chance to reply to this post sooner. Right now I'm sitting in the airport so I thought I'd give it a chance.

Denny;

While I agree that we disagree, it doesnt change the fact that you have made comments then came back to remove them. Your comments and attitude is what pissed me off. You cant take back whats already been said. I accept your appology and I too am sorry for the way things went down. I'm not here to start pissing matches. Its the whole reason I left in the first place. It was not all your doing either because at the time everyone was shit slinging. I have better things to do than argue with people over stupid shit. Our arguement started over the LT topic but then became passionately fighting over our beliefs. You derrogatory comments towards me and my friends is what pushed me over the edge (the ones that were made and then removed to attempt to look innocent. (you know the ones) We all come here to get away from the daily BS, not involve ourselves into more headaches. Lets get back on subject and agree to disagree. The only reason I attacked you is because you threw the first punch. We've all said stuff we cant take back, For that too I'm sorry. Maybe it will make us rethink what we say before we type it. Im dont throwing cheap shots and slinging shit, because in the end,,,,, everyone is standing around covered in shit.

Enough of that.....

Jim and Mike:

Thank you very much for the comments. Anyone that has met me or delt with me knows that I will give someone my last dollar to help them out. I never expect anything in return because I believe in Karma. And yes Jim,,, I sure am enjoying LasVegas. More T&A than you could shake a stick at. Beautiful weather, and kick ass dunes 100 miles away. Doesnt get any better than that now does it?

Thanks again!

As for running a true LT on a banshee w/o a frame swap... There is a way but its more involved than most people will care to get involved in. Just think of grafting the front frame section of a 400ex to the front of the banshee. We all know 400ex parts are becoming super cheap....... It will be my next mod when I can get the time. Long live the banshee! My site will be back up soon and that may be one of the next projects I'll do. :)

/me takes the olive branch and slaps Brooke on the ass :dance:

Sorry I havent had a chance to reply to this post sooner. Right now I'm sitting in the airport so I thought I'd give it a chance.

Denny;

While I agree that we disagree, it doesnt change the fact that you have made comments then came back to remove them. Your comments and attitude is what pissed me off. You cant take back whats already been said. I accept your appology and I too am sorry for the way things went down. I'm not here to start pissing matches. Its the whole reason I left in the first place. It was not all your doing either because at the time everyone was shit slinging. I have better things to do than argue with people over stupid shit. Our arguement started over the LT topic but then became passionately fighting over our beliefs. You derrogatory comments towards me and my friends is what pushed me over the edge (the ones that were made and then removed to attempt to look innocent. (you know the ones) We all come here to get away from the daily BS, not involve ourselves into more headaches. Lets get back on subject and agree to disagree. The only reason I attacked you is because you threw the first punch. We've all said stuff we cant take back, For that too I'm sorry. Maybe it will make us rethink what we say before we type it. Im dont throwing cheap shots and slinging shit, because in the end,,,,, everyone is standing around covered in shit.

Enough of that.....

Jim and Mike:

Thank you very much for the comments. Anyone that has met me or delt with me knows that I will give someone my last dollar to help them out. I never expect anything in return because I believe in Karma. And yes Jim,,, I sure am enjoying LasVegas. More T&A than you could shake a stick at. Beautiful weather, and kick ass dunes 100 miles away. Doesnt get any better than that now does it?

Thanks again!

As for running a true LT on a banshee w/o a frame swap... There is a way but its more involved than most people will care to get involved in. Just think of grafting the front frame section of a 400ex to the front of the banshee.  We all know 400ex parts are becoming super cheap.......  It will be my next mod when I can get the time. Long live the banshee! My site will be back up soon and that may be one of the next projects I'll do. :)

/me takes the olive branch and slaps Brooke on the ass  :dance:

491982[/snapback]

This front end on an 'shee... Walt= :notworthy: ....

1.jpg

I might be ditching that frame/setup next year... I wanna go full JB/PEP... Welcome back guys :headbang::dance: ....

Mike

/me takes the olive branch and slaps Brooke on the ass  :dance:

491982[/snapback]

:rotflmao: i heart walt :wub:

i think i should get a prize for staying out of this argument :D

hey, cole, im with you, what happened to boonman and evil?? i miss booney :cry: and evil can kiss my ass cause hes a snob, but i still love him. :cry:

great to see ya back walt.......the cali desert is a peach huh? and those vegas honeys, damm i know your havin fun, its a little rocky around vegas but ill bet your finding some cool spots, but then your really not that far from dumont, ive had buddies tell me the outskirts of henderson has some nice riding, once your in town for a while im sure youll find some nice spots, again thanks for coming back,.......