Who would be interested

BigRed350x

Guest nightmare

I would definately take one. I just started working on my quads myself ( I used to pay someone to do it). Now I have kids and the budget is a little tighter. I learn a hell of alot better when someone shows me rather than trying to read it in a book.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know..I've got a Clymer and they are alotta help in the technical areas, but not worth much if you haven;t got alotta experience doin this kinda stuff before. They are always giving instructions like "remove engine from right side" That's nice, but it'd be alot better if we had someone that has tried taking them outta the left side too and can tell you why it's just better doing it the way they suggest. Adding alittle personal guidance is a great idea...I for one am all for it and I believe that once you get people using them, you are gonna find out that the idea is popular as hell from a wide variety of standpoints...Just my $.02... :cheers:

~cork

Ya know..I've got a Clymer and they are alotta help in the technical areas, but not worth much if you haven;t got alotta experience doin this kinda stuff before.  They are always giving instructions like "remove engine from right side"  That's nice, but it'd be alot better if we had someone that has tried taking them outta the left side too and can tell you why it's just better doing it the way they suggest.  Adding alittle personal guidance is a great idea...I for one am all for it and I believe that once you get people using them, you are gonna find out that the idea is popular as hell from a wide variety of standpoints...Just my $.02...  :cheers:

~cork

478717[/snapback]

they also say "to" remove the part but not "how" to remove the part banghead

Ya know..I've got a Clymer and they are alotta help in the technical areas, but not worth much if you haven;t got alotta experience doin this kinda stuff before. 

478717[/snapback]

Looks like you got the market on this one BigRed get cracking. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I just read the sections I needed and went and rebuilt my engine but I guess not all people learn the same :shrugani: I think the confidence factor will help more than the videos/pictures themslves.

i dont see any market for that .with just a clymer manual (and maybe the occasioanl HQ search feature) and a little abilty damn near any body can completely tear apart a banshee engine and reassemble it . the bikes are simple enough that it is almost self explanitory .not to mention i doubt too man y people are gonna want to tromp out of the garge covered in grease and stinking like gas and back into the house every 2 minutes to reffer back to their pc . A manual can be right there to view ,simple to follow and makes the build go fast IMO.my .02

Cool idea but I don't see you putting anything more out there than anybody could find in a Clymers or already on the HQ. :shrugani:

478661[/snapback]

I agree. Personally i'd never pay $20 for something I could get for free, but Id pay for the price of a blank CDR and shipping tho. There used to be guy on ebay selling Banshee fixit Cd's on Ebay, the fucker stole shit from Benbb's website and copy and pasted it right on his disc. We here at the hq harrassed the guy and now he doesnt sell em anymore.... I think.

I'd pay 20 bucks...whats a clymers, like 25....im working on my banshee right now, want to dig into the engine but worried about messing up everything...great idea, go for it :cheers:

OK, sounds like I should get started on this. All I need is a stock banshee engine (or pretty damn close to stock) and I will get started. Looks like there is a pretty good market out there for it, besides the few nay-sayers, but they probably aren't the kinda people that would use it. If I can get a stock engine/bike donated my way for like a month or so I could get all the pics and video I would need. I would prefer the entire banshee, so I could show more than just the engine tear down, stuff like rear suspension removal, etc. If anyone has a bike they would be willing to donate for a month or so and wants a free tear down/inspection pm me and we will see what we can work out. I'd like to get started on this ASAP to get everything rolling. I already have some other ideas for the disc too.

PM me if anyone is close to wyoming (I would drive probably 2-300 miles to meet someone though) and lets get this going!

- Jared

P.S. Thanks for the replies, both positive and negative. Any feedback is useful.

i'd take one.

you gonna throw in sections other then just rebuilding, like carb tuning/adjustment/sync/jetting and rebuilding etc.?

478893[/snapback]

I will put a section in for all kinds of stuff. Anything I can think of that might help out the do-it-yourself'er