Who carries a gun, riding?

Speedie

I'm just wondering who carries a consealed weapon riding?

I for one do, but before everyone starts thinking I'm a gun crazy maniac

on a atv. Let me explain.

There's was a girl found dead in a ditch not far from me a few years ago.

She had been riding her bike and decide to go for a walk in the woods she left her bike next to the road. She had apparently came across a large marijuana field.

She had been shot in the back of the head. She was 15. They never caught who did it. All they found was a large marijuana field that had just been harvested.

A friend of mine was riding in Ky with a group of friends on public ground.

They hear some bullets wizzing by them. When They looked to see where it was

coming from a guy was shooting at them from across the river. Keep in mind

they are on public ground that everyone rides on, that day there must have been

over 50 or 60 riders out that day. They called the police, but they never caught the guy and they don't know why he was shooting at them. He had shot at other riders too.

My brother and I was riding on a friend's private land. This guy comes running up to us. He had a shotgun in his hand and was acting all crazy and nervious.

He told us we were on his land. We wasn't, we were on my friends. Not wanting to start and argument with someone who had a 12gauge in his hand. We said we were sorry and turned around.

It freak us out. I told my friend who own the land and we went back this time with guns of own to run him off. But we never found him or any reason he would have been back there.

So now I carry a gun riding. Most of the guys I ride with do.

Who else out there does. It's a crazy world we live in any more you

have to be crazy yourself sometimes to survive.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do sometimes when I'm up in the mountains picking Huckleberries. But only to scare off a grizzly if one comes around (grizzlies get pissed off when your in their berry patches) :D

and sometimes when we are riding out to go shoot or hunt. and yes I hunted with the shee :)

I agree there are some crazy people around KY, that's why I live on the west coast, much nicer people :jesterlaugh:

thats what i was thinking lol sounds like bad spots to ride, what if u wreck and that thing goes off? i ride wreckless so i wouldnt carry!

465594[/snapback]

Yeah, same kinda thing goes for me... However I have heard that there is some crazy shit that goes down in Glamis. People gettin jumped, bikes stolen, stuff like that. Not sure how true all that is but Iam not gonna ride some place that Iam gonna get screwed with. Kinda defeats the purpose...

RIPPEN

Unless someone is using a rifle barrel to commit sodomy, I'm thinking more Hatfield and McCoy then Deliverance.

How do you intend to desuade someone with a rifle across a river from shooting at you with a concealed handgun? (S)He already has you approximately sighted-in and may be at a range equal or greater than your weapon - if you can get to it, remove the safety and return fire.

So you'll get a bigger gun then they have. No wait... one that fires more rapidly than the other person. I smell another Ruby Ridge coming on. Just think how much fun those hard a$$ ATF agents with their tanks and surveillance would love a modern-day Hatfield-McCoy feud!

If the local authorities can't or won't help just find someplace else to ride. You'll live longer. Move if you have to. Just be careful bringing your guns across state lines. It's a big world. As of this writing there is still room for everyone.

-Bill