Banshee Running Real Crappy (Need Help ASAP)

Infamous039

OK I have a 94 Banshee. I just changed the carbs out, my left cylinder is not as strong as my right cylinder, which is making it run crappy. When I first start it the left side has thick smoke and I have gas on my hand after covering the exhaust with my hand. The right side is firing perfect. I have cleaned the carbs numerous times and no change. The left side pipe is not even gettin hot at all like the right side. I have the tors removal kit on my bike also. What could be the problem and how could I solve it ASAP. I believe the left carb is dumping to much gas into the cylinder, which is causing it to not fire, but I dont know PLEASE HELP.

Mods:

1. FMF Pipes and Silencers

2. +4 timing

3.Stock Carbs and Jetting

4.TORS Removal Kit

5. 12/41 Gearing

6. Bored .40 over

7. Barnett Clutch

Everything else is stock as I know of

Edited by Infamous039

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easiest thing is to drop new plugs in and change the spark plug wires around. that'll tell you if you have an electrical problem. if that provides the same results, may want to do a quick compression check. if that goes ok, then you have a carb issue most likely.

OK i have tried everything today but no luck. I sat the carbs in carb cleaner and blew them out. I checked my reed boots for cracks but nothing. It think that as the bike warms up its losing spark b/c when I first start it the thing runs perfect until it has ran for about 2min then the left cylinder weakens to the piont where it is barely firing. Another could be is that the left cylinder is spitting out gas, my head pipe was full of gas, and the pipe didnt even get hot on the left side. What could this be caused by. Also when I switch the spark plug wires to each side the problem stays on the left side, could it be that I just need a new coil. PLease let me know ASAP.

im having that problem too just not as bad. you say the pipe is cold on the left mine was on the right. i rode it around and was like woa ok its really boggy from 1/4 till i hit the band. then i noticed this huge amount of gas that came out of the carb vent hoses . well i assumed it was a sticky float. it looked fine when i took it out but i was definately too rich so i jetted down from a 310 to a 280 main. running ok ok right now. not perfect. it isnt the carbs that arent in sync because they were when i was having the problem. it has to to be the float getting stuck but why?

I am running 280 main jets and it seems that after it warms up it is losing spark or something on that side, but when I first start it both pipes or firing and sounding good. When I leave to run for a sec the left pipe starts to get weak and barely putting out any exhaust.

Yes the smoke is the same on each side. I purchased a new Ignition Coil with the spark plug boots, but havent installed them yet. My motor has good compression on both pistons. The bike kicks right over every time. Do you guys think it could be the Base gasket causing the problem are just electrical problem ???????????

I have installed a new coil on the bike and it still has the same problem. I think I need to upgrade my harness and CDI to a 97 and up setup. The bike is still losing spark on the left side and weakening. I dont know whats wrong with this thing and its getting me pissed off. I also installed a new Woodruff Key, Intake Boots, and Carbs on the bike and still no help. I am lost with words with this thing, PLease Help If You Can???????????