Oversize Fuel Tank

canrider22

• 2 weeks later...

i wish there was a way to keep the stock tank............cut the bottom out, and lower it, and somehow weld new plastic on...........there is some room to at least get a gallon x-tra between the top of the head.......and the bottom of the tank..............hmmmmmmmmmmm............that would be a sweet idea :confused:

i wish there was a way to keep the stock tank............cut the bottom out, and lower it, and somehow weld new plastic on...........there is some room to at least get a gallon x-tra between the top of the head.......and the bottom of the tank..............hmmmmmmmmmmm............that would be a sweet idea :confused:

499582[/snapback]

you try it first and tell me how it goes

Sorry to dig up this old post, but is there anyway to paint one of these and it last at least a season or two?

482954[/snapback]

Dont count on it lasting, i painted the natural tank on a CR 80 and it eventually bubbled, they say this is due to the tank "breathing". If you notice on dirtbike graphics that are applied to the tanks they are slotted to allow air to pass through.

• 3 months later...

i bought a ims 5.6 gal tank for mine and sold my tank cover on e-bay. but did i f@#k up there. it absolutly looks like a big yellow turd. ruined the whloe look of my bike. i hate it.....but i can go forever on a tank full. still i think the oversize tanks look like trash. just my opinion.

i bought a ims 5.6 gal tank for mine and sold my tank cover on e-bay. but did i f@#k up there. it absolutly looks like a big yellow turd. ruined the whloe look of my bike. i hate it.....but i can go forever on a tank full. still i think the oversize tanks look like trash. just my opinion.

I just bought the 4 gallon.........in the box Brand new.........from a good IMS source for $120.00............it looks sick.....and the blue matches perfectly!!!!!!......thanks Ron :notworthy:

I just bought the 4 gallon.........in the box Brand new.........from a good IMS source for $120.00............it looks sick.....and the blue matches perfectly!!!!!!......thanks Ron :notworthy:

Where did you get the tank at if you don't mind me asking?

Simple, take the plastic off and paint it.