Aftermarket grills

ElDiablo52

Do those flame and other design girlls have an affect on airflow to the point that it will cause a problem. I know banshees have an over heating issue to begin with and I ride mostly trails. I also live in Pennsylvania so the weather goes from 10 degrees in the winter to 80s and 90s sometimes in the summer. Do you think a flame one would give me any issues in the summer time?

i think some companys make them to improve air flow but i would just go with the style you like because i dont think it would be that big of a inprovement. just my opinon i went with the Slotted style and it looks sick on my bike

hope this helps :cheers:

also i dont think youll over heat that much i ride my bike at least 8 hours a day when ever i go to big sand mountain utah and i have yet to over heat during the hotter times it gets up to 106 out there

Edited by jjfizzle51

I've got the flame design and the only time I have overheating issues is if I'm putting around on a hot day. As long as I can keep it up above 20mph for about a minute out of every 15 its fine. I keep an eye on things with a temp gauge - good mod to have regardless of your decision.

A little bit off subject maybe, but can someone please try to explain to me what the hell the appeal of having gold and diamonds on your teeth is????? Is it actually cool, and I'm just too old and too white to appreciate it??? :confused: A serious, or at least humorous response would be nice plz.

A little bit off subject maybe, but can someone please try to explain to me what the hell the appeal of having gold and diamonds on your teeth is?????  Is it actually cool, and I'm just too old and too white to appreciate it???  :confused:  A serious, or at least humorous response would be nice plz.

460180[/snapback]

i think its just because they already have jewelry for every other part of the body, but yeah rob a jewelry store and tell em make me a grill!

A little bit off subject maybe, but can someone please try to explain to me what the hell the appeal of having gold and diamonds on your teeth is?????  Is it actually cool, and I'm just too old and too white to appreciate it???  :confused:  A serious, or at least humorous response would be nice plz.

460180[/snapback]

I think its to make you look like a fuckin retard....just my $.02 :D

I had an RIS grill for a while. I only ride Glamis and quite a bit in the summer. I never had a overheating problem. I was slightly afraid of developing one as the bike got older. The finish was sandblasted all to hell anyhow, so I sold the thing. I think they're kinda ghetto and look cheesy unless you keep it shiny and already have a blinged out bike.

• 1 month later...

I ride Glamis all the time even in the heat of summer and have never seen any problems with the design grills.

Do those flame and other design girlls have an affect on airflow to the point that it will cause a problem. I know banshees have an over heating issue to begin with and I ride mostly trails. I also live in Pennsylvania so  the weather goes from 10 degrees in the winter to 80s and 90s sometimes in the summer.  Do you think a flame one would give me any issues in the summer time?

458096[/snapback]

• 5 months later...