C.V. Intake with T5s

ive got a 2000 banshee, with t5s, vforce reeds and spacers, 20cc domes, stock porting for now, elevation is 870 ft, i run klotz benol at 32:1, i also ride at little sahara. I have a trinity 2 in to 1 intake with a 35mm pwk, i dont know what size jets are in it yet, i was wondering what would be a good starting point with this set up and where i should set the needle at?

Edited by icecold_shee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love mine, 178-175 main, but i also have the adjustable power jet..so without that i suspect i would need about a 180-185 main..not sure ont he other needles i haven't touched em, the last owner had it "professionally jetted" lol yeah right

~Mark~

Does everyone feel the 35mm CV setup is good with just pipes?  I was thinking about getting one for my banshee.

ac

456500[/snapback]

that's what i'm running. love it. but if i could do it over i would have bought the cv used. makes starts from a dead stop much easier. no immediate bogs like most stockers i've ridden. great for woods and trails, and i definately hold my own at the dunes.

What needle is in there? You ought to check, because chances are, you have a DEK. With stock porting, an EEK makes a lot of difference with the single carb setup. This has to do with vacuum through the large single carb. Since there's less vacuum, the richer needle lets more fuel through and gets the motor the fuel it needs.

You can get the EEK needle from carbparts.com for just a few bucks and it'll make a lot of difference. When you step up the portwork, you'll get more vacuum and can go back to the DEK needle.

Oh, and use the same clip position you did for the DEK. Probably the 4th.

k, i still havent ordered jets, ive been busy with work, but i checked what jets were in it, and it has a 230 main, and a 58 pilot, but i dont know bout the needle. Im not sure on how to get it out to check or to even adjust the clip position, some help on that would be nice.

I figure i will order about a 195 main and go down 6 sizes, and order a 48 and 52 pilot, and ill prob order the eek like sredish said if i can figure out how to get it out and check