C.V. Intake with T5s

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well, i know its been a long time, just gonna let yall know i finally installed it tonight, and it started up on the third kick, think im a lil rich, but im a try and go jet it after work tomm if i get off early enough, i have 200 mains and 52 pilot in it now, ill post later after i getting the jetting close

ok, finally got to ride it today, started out with 200 mains, 52 pilot, air screw 2 turns out, stock air box, lid removed, kandn filter, and it seemed to be lean, not sure, so i stuck the 230 that came with it, i know, big jump, but thats the only bigger jet i have, and it seemed to run good, no pics of the plugs, but even with the 230, it doesnt seem as dark as my old set up would run, anybody else run that big of a jet? or am i way off

what needle do you have? more than likely a DEK or EEK. with just pipes, and a 35cv i'm at 190 main 52 pilot and fourth clip on the needle (EEK) at 700feet. never seen a jet that big in a cv. i would think youd be rich, but it depends on your elevation etc. your smaller domes could do it as well. get a pod filter and it takes about 2 minutes to throw new jets in. i'm thinking of making a tool with a 17 mm socket and 6mm nut driver to make it even faster.

good luck,

bill

ok, finally got to ride it today, started out with 200 mains, 52 pilot, air screw 2 turns out, stock air box, lid removed, kandn filter, and it seemed to be lean, not sure, so i stuck the 230 that came with it, i know, big jump, but thats the only bigger jet i have, and it seemed to run good, no pics of the plugs, but even with the 230, it doesnt seem as dark as my old set up would run, anybody else run that big of a jet? or am i way off

501695[/snapback]

Mine acted exactly like that until I changed the needle. Get that EEK needle in there and then try your 200 main again.

i had this c.v... i blew 2 engines trying to jet it right..

i ended up with a 230.. or a 240 main.. and a eek needle ont the 4th clip..

and it was still lean on the top.. i had one hell of a time fucking with it..

costed me alot of money.. id start really rich then work done..

save u in the long run..

peace devin