BEAD LOK WHEELS ?

milo_32000

Did you ask weather or not anyone installs bead lock wheels on their stock wheels? Either way, I'd say weather or not they are worth it depends on what you are doing with your quad. They look cool, but I don't think looks alone justify the extra cost. What makes you think you need bead locks?

Its really a personal preference. They really help in racing XC and MX. If you do get a low or flat tire, you can finish the race because the bead won't pop off of the rim. And with beadlocks, you have lot more flexability in tire pressure. When you're jumping on tires w/ 2 psi of air in them (I wouldn't recommend it), you're gonna be popping your beads...unless you have beadlocks.

yup...like the others have said. they are for keeping the tire on the bead. if you are doing some serious racing...ie...serious turing, bumping, low pressure riding, then get um. cuz they will save you some headachs.

but if you want the protection...then get baja T9's. but watch out...my buddies havent had any luck with the dual rings...the inside ring tends to pick up rocks and bash and trash your calipers.

:cheers:

maybe wheel screws would help...my auto shop teacher uses them on his front engine dragster....basically you drill out the wheel and tire, (on a quad i would guess 10-20 per side), then stick in theses gnarly lookin wood screws, they go through the rim and pull the tire against it to prevent slippage...he says they dont go fully through the tire, just the bead so they don't leak air...i've seen a kit and the screws used aren't your average wood screw..check it out if you're bored...i think jegs or summit racing sells em

~Mark~

i run hiper beadlocks on my yfz450 that i use as a play bike forthe trials and shit..i wouldnt run regular wheels. i have been in situations where if i had regular wheels i would have been walkin back to the truck, or riding the bike and tearin a tire up..ive had tires run all the way down to flat, but they wont come off because of the beadlock..to me its worth it if u ride where u could possible flip a bike and pop a tire off or hit a tree and pop one off..also works for when u run a nail or thorn in a tire..i wouldnt ride in the woods without them..