Toyhaulers

watkins

Hey all. I have been thinking about getting a toyhauler before my trip to glamis next week. Dont really know anything about them.. there is a dealership right by me that sells Coachmen, Keystone and Northwoods (never heard of either).

What i am wanting is something in the 21' range, with all the goodies (water, toilet/shower, ac, generator) What should I be looking for in regards to water capacity and stuff? Also what can I expect to pay new fully loaded?

Any help would be great. I know weekend warrior has a dealership around me but its like an hour drive and I hear they are overpriced.

Edited by watkins

i bought a work and play trailer. its kinda like a weekend warrior one but more like a fancy enclosed trailer.

its 24 feet long, 10 living/ 14 ft cargo. i can haul 4 bike but have to remove one side of tires off one bike but its not that hard.

it has a shower, kitchen, sink but no generator. the inboard ones when i priced them are expensive. go to sams or sears and get a 6000 watt one like 600 bucks if that.

bansheefreak, led, the clarks all saw mine at the dunes.

compared to the other trailers it was way cheaper price wise and better quality. the warriors i looked at used were falling apart, the paint was fading.

if you want other info pm i got pic and what not

well this trailers twice as long as the 1 u want its a 39 ft. 06 warrior there great trailers man this has everything u need and more 3 beds plus all floor room full walk on roof full storage all the way through tho bottom u can fit ur toys all the way up to the front dooor u can prolly fit at least six quads in here and maybe a couple cycles theres speakers inside and out sony xplode cd deck walk around master bed all acamodations of home dam thing even has a ceiling fan theres so much to llist but it costs a pretty penny but well worth it we also have a 97 warrior were sellin the things a champ these trailers hold up so well ive heard from alot of other people that have those "Attitude" ,Gearbox,and Blazen toyhaulers they just dont hold up and they are always havn problems thos 20ft. warrior trailers will probably be decently priced u can even try wholesale rv dealerships and they usually have better prices or just chek the papers and net ull probably find a good deal floatin around sum where

Watkins, might get on RVtrader online and search for toy haulers/SUTs. We have a 26' Fleetwood Prowler and it is nice. Has the optional 100 or 110 ? gal fresh water tank. On board generator is worth its weight in gold to me! MAKE sure you have a truck that will handle what ever you get. We brought this one home with a built up 99 Z 71 and blew the guts out of it. :( We now pull it with ease with a D-Max ! Used ones without generator but with aluminum siding will run around $8,000-15,000. Used ones with fiberglass siding and generators will run 12,000 -18,000. New ones are at least 20,000 up to 45,000 decked out! Our open floor plan will haul 5 bikes (4 bikes easy) and it is bumper pull so one will also go in the truck!

I now would like to upgrade to a 5th wheel but they are more money!

The bumper pulls pull harder (wind drag) and hurt the mileage some.

If you get a bumper pull , make sure to get a stabiler and equalizer hitch.

Fifth wheels tow great, gooseneck conversion lets you keep bedspace. What truck are you using to tow with? ANY toy hauler will be a dog if pulled behind a half ton, especially a bumper pull. Before you buy, demand to load your bikes in it, hook it to your truck and pull it up the nearest tall hill. Take note of your milage.

As for the quality, expect to take it back to the dealership every 3 trips to get stuff fixed. Thats just the way it is. Warriors included. They are all built cheap and light to save weight.

I finally got tired of fighting my Warrior and bought a Class A Winnebago. Built like a tank, but pricey.

GET A GENERATOR INSTALLED. YOU ARE GONNA NEED IT!!!

My buddy has a nice 20+ foot regular enclosed trailer. He's got it all decked out with a bunkbed in it and he has an easy up tent to sit under during the day. He has a Honda portable generator and can run heaters, fans and whatever else with it. Only thing he doesn't have is the running water which would be nice but at quite an expense too. He brings the H20 by the jug. He packs tables, chairs and a grill so he's set wherever he is. I know he has plans of putting in a removable window airconditioner in the future so that will be nice. That's definately the cheap route though.

Running water would be simple to set up in his trailer.

Just get a prefab shower pan from home depot ($35), pop a hole in the floor for the drain, get a 50 gal. water drum ($20), and an electric water pump ($35-$100, depending on which one you get) some pvc pipe and fittings, and a cheap shower head ($20). The kind with the hand wand are the most handy. Showers make camping ten times more enjoyable. It would take up maybe 8 sq feet with the drum inside the trailer. Less if you had the drum outside, which is nice because if you use a black drum, the sun will warm the water up. :cheers:

Don't forget to look at the Carson Funrunners! I bought a 04 22' And have more cargo space(got 2 banshee's,a raptor,polaris400 and a kids quad in mine) than a friends 28' Dunes by thor.They are cheap too around 14,000 new w/generator!.I have a 1/2 ton chevy w/all available bolt ons for power and it works it ,but pulls it.I am in the market for a diesel though! Good luck and let us know what you end up with!Later.....Adam

you will also need a weight distribution hitch and a Brake Controller.

We just got one, 20 somethign feet like 21 or 24 or something, gets the job done, Pulls nice with Dodge Turbo Diesel 3500.

Holds 100 gallon water, Fuel station indoor and outdoor showers stove and DVD player radio thing, pretty nice.

Edited by Justintoxicated

nice set up man how much did u pay for that truck we want the same setup makes it a hell of alot easier to pull and way better gas mileage .