help me not smell like 2stroke

why after everytime i ride my banshee i smell like exhaust? Also if this helps im running stock pipes. stock filter. probably a little rich or lean i didn't get to mix my last tank. Plus I'm sick of smelling like it after I ride i smell like 2stroke exhaust.

I also get tunnel vision or whatever after long periods of riding same feeling i get after i get off the riding lawnmower after cutting 3acres for about 4-5hours straight. Is it the vibrations or the exhaust that causes that? I'm like spaced out it's not too bad but it's annoying.. lol :bolt:

I get white smoke when I first crank her and rev warm up a little after just a little while the white smoke goes away maybe a minute or two. What could cause this.. my banshee runs darn good.

Like I said it's my first atv, just got it, love it. Is there anyway not to smell like you need a shower after only 30minutes of cruising? yuck.. I can smell it on me like

Also what do hush kits do? i'm not too knowledgeable about exhaust i'm assuming they muffle it even more? Do they effect performance at all noticeably?

Thanks for answers in advance, got the electrical system down now im diving into the engine area now. :notworthy::cheers::notworthy:

Edited by dadudeinbiloxi

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that smell.....is great! Your supposed to love it! But you can try running Klots premix oil......smells good-er! :shrugani: And yes smoke is normal....it is the oil in your gas that is burning.....and if it wasn't there to burn, it would just be the pistons burning instead! :huh:

Dunno bout your "tunnel vision" .... maybe you need a looser helmet! :wacko:

Edited by quad4me

<- squid.... I don't even own a helmet. I already sprained my ankle from a wreck, had to get dual layer of stitches internal and outers equaling about 30 and had muscle, tissue and fat hanging out they had to pack back in to my chest and cracked rib, lol.

LOL thanks for the tip on the oil, had no clue that's what purpose it served. joking...

Anyone else on the white smoke, on first crank/reving for a few mins after sitting over night. Also the white smoke isn't just a little it's an azzload at first sometimes.. it's like a damn cloud of it then it stops after a little reving.

Aynone who knows can answer my questions on this?

ps my stock filter is falling apart almost lol.

Liking it has nothing to do with it... i hop on my shee when I only have like 20mins in the day to ride and don't like having to shower just from a 20 min cruise. I can smell exhaust on me. I used to smoke cigs and quit and I couldn't even smell that on me...

So there is nothing that can be done to aleviate or cut down on the stinch. I don't want a smell good oil..... I know about klotz etc.. Would a brand new filter change this? new pipes? anything to cut down the extreme smell?... When you can smell it on yourself 30 mins after riding and only been cruising around for about 20 mins and then need a shower that's sad. Or is there really nothing that can be done about it or cut it down alot?

:cheers:

Edited by dadudeinbiloxi

:cheers: there is always a price to pay for your pleasures. whether its worth it or not thats up to the individual. if you dont like the smell oyu could trade for a 4 poke. but no PWR band damn cant have everything :cry:

Jim

Also like I said, if oil is burning and causes the white smoke.. obvious. Why is there so much on that first crank or after it sits awhile? and it only lasts less than a minute of reving.. oil is still burning what is causing that huge azz white cloud?..

thanks.

Edited by quad4me

yes the sitting gets a buildup of oil thats why it smokes and no you can't get rid of the smell no way on a 2 stroke, thats the way it is.

It is the CHOKE....that you should be using when you start it COLD. That is a lot more gas inside a cold cylinder.  Once it warms up....it burns better and a little cleaner.  Every Single 2 stroke should.  k?

Oh and that stock air filter being shitty to begin with...and now almost broke like you said.....you will end up tearing some shit up in there if you dont fix it quick.  It will  be letting in more air than normal....could run lean=hot=broke!

444621[/snapback]

Yeah I been meaning to get some filters. Since my setup is still stock what filter should I get, k&n clamp ons 26mm? or another big one, 2 into 1setup or what's the best.

I want some clamp ons personally but where can I get some for a good price online? thanks. :notworthy:

Get some klotz benol and you wont mind it at all. If they made a cologne that smelt like it I  would buy some for sure.

444622[/snapback]

I run the benol to and like it. I had a buddy that was runing I think it was called blenzal. And it has a good smell to it. Don't they make a fuel fragrance to mix in with your fuel for this very reason? I thought I had seen it on ebay before.

Yeah I've seen that stuff on ebay too. DUNEDEMON showed up at Glamis once and his damn bike smelled like (I shit you not), strawberries! Craziest thing...

Personally I love the smell of Castor 927! The other oils out there are alright, but that 927! I wish they made cologne that smelled like that. My wife feels the same way. :rotflmao: 1st time I started the shee after a long rebuild we both sat at the ass end sucking in that sweet smell. Ya, we're weird.

Try switching oils a bit. Each one has its own unique smell - some better than others. Just drain the tank down all the way and clean out the carbs each time you switch. Some oils don't mix well with each other.

I've never really noticed the smell on me until I've been riding alot. At that point I use unscented baby wipes to clean myself up. Not cuz of the smell but mostly the grime. I've got a pretty sensitive sniffer so I'm kinda wondering if you're starting the bike in an enclosed area or with the bike facing downwind. Either that or its possible that you might have an exhaust leak. I don't think changing the pipes is going to help much if any unfortunately - cept to make the bike a whole lot more fun to ride!

I'd definately change that filter ASAP. Clamp ons give slightly better flow but are terrible if you ride through water. Also K&N's don't filter as well as a foam filter, but they are easier to clean. 2:1 is only slightly better with water but it does filter good if you get the UNI. If you ride in water I'd keep the stock airbox and get a filter designed for that - foam if you ride in alot of dust and want maximum filtration, k&n if you want better performance.

Oh and man, please get a helmet. They're cheap.