Park Rangers

Ultimateduner

Anyone who goes to Glamis can tell that the Rangers are dicks. Take this for example our buddy was saving us a spot at Roadrunner on Thanksgiving. He didn't have a truck to put in the spot to save it, so he used his sandcar. Its not like he was going to leave it there, it was just parked until we could get to the dunes. Anyways the Ranger pulls up and starts harassing him about parking there, he turns around and points at all the other "reserved" spots and asks why they aren't bothering them. They just smiled and said "They don't matter, we want you." After an arguement they asked him for the title to his sandcar, (everyone knows that sandcars don't have titles). They told him that he had 5 mins to prove owership before they towed it. So they towed it and it took him 500 dollars and 3 days to get it back. Me on the other hand I was at the drags on Thanksgiving last year, on the way over my cousin and I rode our banshees. When we got there I stopped him because his flag fell off.(the pole was still there) In not even 3 seconds 2 cars pulled up to us and started writing tickets. (My cousin got the same fines as me) They were:

Flag wrong color- mine was black and red, skull and cross bones I never even heard of this.

No california regestration ie no green sticker- I told him "I'm from AZ" "I can't be regestered in California." "Sorry" he said.

No regestration or title on me- he asked where it was I told him it was in the safe at home

Under 18 ridding a quad- Yeah bullshit a 5 year-old rode by on a 400 ex right when he said it!

Then they assigned me a court date.It turned out alright though, when we called to get the date for court and pay the fine(never specified) they told us they had to throw out all the tickets because of the mass number they issued overwhelmed the courts in Brawley. Each year they hire more and more Retards that wern't even good enough to be secruity guards, I heard from a friend that last weekend they banned a guy for a year from glamis because his grey water was dripping becasue of a broken hose and called it illegal dumping!

Bastards!!!! :angry:

Anyone who goes to Glamis can tell that the Rangers are dicks. Take this for example our buddy was saving us a spot at Roadrunner on Thanksgiving. He didn't have a truck to put in the spot to save it, so he used his sandcar. Its not like he was going to leave it there,  it was just parked  until we could get to the dunes. Anyways the Ranger pulls up and starts harassing him about parking there, he turns around and points at all the other "reserved" spots and asks why they aren't bothering them. They just smiled and said "They don't matter, we want you." After an arguement they asked him for the title to his sandcar, (everyone knows that sandcars don't have titles). They told him that he had 5 mins to prove owership before they towed it. So they towed it and it took him 500 dollars and 3 days to get it back. Me on the other hand I was at the drags on Thanksgiving last year, on the way over  my cousin and I rode our banshees. When we got there I stopped him because his flag fell off.(the pole was still there) In not even 3 seconds 2 cars pulled up to us and started writing tickets. (My cousin got the same fines as me) They were:

Flag wrong color- mine was black and red,  skull and cross bones I never even heard of this.

No california regestration ie no green sticker- I told him "I'm from AZ" "I can't be regestered in California." "Sorry" he said.

No regestration or title on me- he asked where it was I told him it was in the safe at home

Under 18 ridding a quad- Yeah bullshit a 5 year-old rode by on a 400 ex right when he said it!

Then they assigned me a court date.It turned out alright though, when we called to get the date for court and pay the fine(never specified) they told us they had to throw out all the tickets because of the mass number they issued overwhelmed the courts in Brawley. Each year they hire more and more Retards that wern't even good enough to be secruity guards, I heard from a friend that last weekend they banned a guy for a year from glamis because his grey water was dripping becasue of a broken hose and called it illegal dumping!

Bastards!!!! :angry:

443025[/snapback]

It does sound like you and your buddies ran into a few guys that 1) needed to jusitfy their jobs and 2) were raising money for the great state of California.

Although I agree that rangers are needed, they need to take things a little less personal.

I've only ever had one run in with a ranger here in Utah and he was out to prove something...to anyone that would listen.

Whats funny is later that weekend (there were quite a few people there as well)we were standing around a fire at night when a ranger got stuck. He walks over to our camp and asks the guy with the huge truck if he can pull him out. While he's snapping the fuck out of this chain trying to get this ranger out of the sand, an inebriated member of our group (not me) says.."I can't believe he's helping these fuckers. You think they'd stop to help one of us?"....with another uniformed ranger standing to his immediate right.

We didn't know whether or not to laugh, so we didn't until they left.

I think with any group you'll find a few bad apples. It just shitty to hear the stuff you've put up. People out to have a good time, not doing anything thats going to get someone killed or put in the hospital..not infringing on anyones rights etc... especially when you know they could bust 100's of people out there drunk and riding.

I think with any group you'll find a few bad apples. It just shitty to hear the stuff you've put up. People out to have a good time, not doing anything thats going to get someone killed or put in the hospital..not infringing on anyones rights etc... especially when you know they could bust 100's of people out there drunk and riding.

443053[/snapback]

You nailed it. Here in Oregon we have the Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer. I have not had a single pleasant run in with any of them and I have never even been cited. In my experiances they have been hard ass, arogant, pushy and flat out rude. The county deputies that patrol the dunes as well have all been pretty decent. They dont seem to have the attitude and they focus on the trouble makers. If you are running a bike that is a little loud but are not making an ass out of yourself they are going to go on by and look for the drunk, or the guy riding with his head up his ass or out of bounds.

RJV :cheers:

If you are running a bike that is a little loud but are not making an ass out of yourself they are going to go on by and look for the drunk, or the guy riding with his head up his ass or out of bounds. 

RJV :cheers:

443090[/snapback]

I think that is a good point. I've never ran into any enforcement in the Oregon Dunes but at Sand Lake they are everywhere. If you show them some respect it gets returned. If you are acting like an ass they are going to nail you. Almost every time I am there I end up BSing with one of the rangers. I haven't met one yet that was out there just to nail people. If I was a ranger and somebody started giving me shit I'd write them up for everything I could. The people bitching about getting tickets are usually the ones that deserve them.

I agree. I have yet to get busted for anything on my shee and its technically not legal. Plus I've always got the glass bottles and crap at my camp. Being humble, showing some respect, and a whole heap of 'yes sir/no sirs" will usually get you out of any normal stops. Now if they nailed u cuz ur being a punk...well you might wanna dip ur finger into your tranny real quick for some pre-lube before you pull over.

I didn't say anything to rangers other than the answers to their questions. I would of understod why I got so many tickets if I was riding dangerously or I insulted the Rangers. But the fact was WE WERE PARKED AND TRYING TO FIX THE FLAG. :blink: I guess they just wanted to prove something, whatever that is. <_<

yes sir no sir goes a long way, in new jersey, we were riding a string of sand and gravel pits. rangers were hiding in bushes by our trucks.when we stopped back to gas up they jumped out like swat.they got a call about some people riding on private property, might have been us might not have been.but they had to write a ticket.they said flip a coin between 7 of us.i lost every time. the ticket had to go in my name. it was 75 bucks divided by 7.the ranger told my friends.if this guy tells me any of you guys didn t chip in, you all will get 300 dollar tickets, needless to say 20 dollar bills started flying my way.all i had to do was write a check,the ticket went in my name i paid nothing.they were cool that day.

. While he's snapping the fuck out of this chain trying to get this ranger out of the sand, an inebriated member of our group (not me) says.."I can't believe he's helping these fuckers. You think they'd stop to help one of us?"....with another uniformed ranger standing to his immediate right.

We didn't know whether or not to laugh, so we didn't until they left.

443053[/snapback]

haha, theres always that one guy in a crowd that says what everyone is thinking!!

they always seem to know how to ruin a good time! they need to go bother the people being reckless and dangerous and leave the people who are trying to chill and have a good time alone. ive never been cited, but have been botherd many times for the smallest things. it always seems like when you get stoped for something stupid, someone is doing something way worse right next to you in front of the ranger. :confused:

lol, knock on wood, but I have only had one run in with DNR on a trail, I nearly took out the ranger when he was coming the other way. I stopped because it nearly scared the $hit out of me and then he started yelling and waving me over. My next move was about three miles back to camp before he had a chance to even turn around.lol

We got stopped for a sound check at Horse falls OR. We has a utility quad, a blaster and a YFZ 450. They just wanted to check the blaster. It had a brand new FMF turbine core silencer. There were 3 forest rangers, 2 younger bitches and one older guy that turned out to be alright. They were getting 96/97 DBs at idel and were all set to give us a ticket, I turned down the idel a bit and got it to stay at 96 DB and the bitches still were all about writing a ticket since it violated (just barely) on the first try. Meanwhile there were people passing by at well over 30+ mph on a whooped out sand road, loud as fock, WOT just getting it on and I said why in the hell are you stopping us, every one of those people that went buy were well over the limit. They said "We cant stop everone." I was getting sooooo pissed at the bitches because we were out for just a little put put ride with my wife and dad. The old guy knew it was total bullshit and never argued with me like the bitches and said we were ok and let us go. Most of the rangers seem pretty cool though and make everyone laugh when they do doughnuts in their ranger trucks out in the sand. The enviro nazi bitches fresh out of college with their BS degree in biology seem to be out to fock us though.

The enviro nazi bitches fresh out of college with their BS degree in biology seem to be out to fock us though.

444205[/snapback]

I've been by the dunes in Oregon about 15 years ago on a road trip, and have wanted to go play there, but because of what you just wrote, that I've heard from other people...I'm not so sure I'd like to.

Isn't the sound restriction only because there are houses built next to the sand? I can't imagine its to preserve some sort of butterfly, or to perhaps ease the stress on the trees or something.

They need to just pass out earplugs on weekends to the people in the houses.

Here, people have built houses next to 1) the city/county garbage burn plant, 2) the city/county garbage dump, and 3) Hill Air Force Base, then they have the fuckin balls to complain about the noise and or the smell.

If you have a house next to some sand dunes, chances are its going to get noisy.

:shrugani:

My buddy and I got back to our trucks at an ORV area in a state park in Missouri to find that a family of what looked to be gypsies had moved in on our spot and had their sandwich and chips right up on our shit. I tried talking to these guys and apparently they didn't speak english, but they were dirty and shifty eyed and the area was for ORV riders ONLY and they had nothing but a beat up station wagon full of...well full of shit and I think one of them had a truck but they didn't have any bikes or gear. So I say to my buddy, lets just load up and roll out before any of our shit gets jacked, since we couldn't communicate with them verbally in any way.

My buddy said that he was gonna go talk to the ranger. He didn't get very far with the ranger when he attempted to explain that a group of mexicans had moved in on our spot and they didn't have any bikes or riding gear. He told my buddy, and I quote, "they appear to me non-mexicans to me sir." :blink: and told us there was nothing he could do. So we loaded up and moved. There was picnic areas adjacent to the ORV staging area, so there was no reason for them to jack our spot. No help from the ranger but if you break your flag while your out riding your a wanted criminal who has to sneak back to camp. :D