Park Rangers

Ultimateduner

RESERVING OF CAMPING SPACES IS PROHIBITED; SITES AE ALLOCATED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.

SAFETY FLAGS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES IN THE IMPERIAL SAND DUNES REC. AREA.

All vehicles shall be equipped with an 8 foot whip mast and a 6x12 inch red or orange flag. Masts must be securely mounted on the vehicle and extend 8 feet from the ground to the mast tip.

BLM supplementary rules re-established under authority of 43 CFR 8365.1-6. Violations of the rules are punishable by a fine not to exceed $1,000 and/or imprisonment not to exceed 12 months (43 CFR 8360.0- 7). Also, all OHV's must be operated in accordance with State laws and regulations relating to use, registration, operation, and inspection of OHV's (43 CFR 8341.1 { a} ).

I heard about your situation on another board. Sounds like you got picked out of the crowd. Kinda like getting a speeding ticket when everyone else was going 80.

You argued with a cop? There is your end. Like arguing with the umpire. Pointless and only increases the punishment

That's what roosting is for.  Can't complain if your kicking up a shitload of dirt in your own camp.

444734[/snapback]

:D That's fun to think about. I could have lined them up behind my bike and blew

them AND their lunch AWAY! Oh well, woulda..coulda..shoulda.

Desperados...that's what they looked like! :cheers:

I have never had a good run in with any rangers at the dunes. One time at dumont dunes, we had just arrived and started to unload our gear and than a ranger showed up, he didnt say anything just started walking around our gear and looking in our bags and stuff and the only thing he said the entire time "Just looking for your weed" We just all started laughing at him and said good luck. Latert that night we were at comp hill watching people race. There must have been thousands thier that night, well me and my buddies all had a beer in hand and sure enough here come the rangers being complete ass holes and asking us for our id's, all of us but 1 were 21 and the one who didnt said he forgot his ID so the cops started getting flat out mean and threating us with all sorts of stuff, like drinking and driving, even though we werent in our car, public intoxication, even though everyone around had beer and whiskey, so the kid finally showed them his ID, and that only worsened the situation.He was only 19. His ID was old and not in that great of shape, the cornor of the laminate was splitting apart so the ranger litterly tore his id in half and said, well now you dont have an ID, and started accusing him of being an illegal allien, and issued him a M.I.P. and gave him a 100 dollar ticket. that was the last straw so i said something to the cop and he got in my face and told me to shut my fucking pie hole and proceeded to push his fingers into my chest, at that point my friend grabbed me and pulled me back and told me to shut up and let it go, well after all that they finally left us alone, but not ten minutes later we saw them cruzing around again and one of my friends girlfriend who was drunk saw them and started spouting off to them and telling them to arrest her for drinking, so here they came again, this time 4 of them and they searched our car for weed because now they had "probible cuase," they found nothing and eventually left. Whats funny is we actually did have a "chillim" (pipe) and they did not know what it was.

So I agree rangers are assholes, but the very next moring the kid that got the MIP was out riding and rode off a razorback and got seriously messed up, my buddy came flying back to me and told me what happened so i jumped on my quad and followed my buddy to where the kid was and he was still unconcious, his helmet was cracked, he had blood coming out of his ears and nose. and it took about 5 minutes for the rangers to show up and stabalize him, they loaded him on an ambulance and took him to Las Vegas, on the way in to vegas he started coughing up blood and started complaing of pain in his stomach, turns out he had split spleen and liver and had to have emergency surgery.

Moral of the story: even though they can be ass holes, without them he would have died.

:shrugani: