the all mighty boost bottel

PyRo_ZaCh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I compleatly forgot about that and my post in it, i guess i have to run out e&r where i heard they give away the ones they take off bikes they get in (for resale) and see about that, i'm 90% sure i'm going to find out its hollow tho.

i got 2 on the shelf in my garage if anyone wants to do some testing, one is round and one is a kinda oval shape.they are good for about 15 bucks on e bay.thats the only use i could find for them.e bay fodder.

none of you know any thing about boost bottels

434301[/snapback]

my testicles are pretty much a "Boost Bottle" for my penis, if you stop to think about it, my nuts hold the charge for my dick?.......as far as my banshee goes i had one of those usless sons of bitches strapped to my bike and i never noticed a goddamm difference.......(well i take that back.......... it freyed my throttle cable)...... :cheers:

Edited by Blue Duece

my testicles are pretty much a "Boost Bottle" for my penis, if you stop to think about it, my nuts hold the charge for my dick?.......as far as my banshee goes i had one of those usless sons of bitches strapped to my bike and i never noticed a goddamm difference.......(well i take that back.......... it freyed my throttle cable)...... :cheers:

434792[/snapback]

So basically your saying that your testicles are useless? :lol: Sorry couldn't resist. :shrugani:

Anyway here's my personal boost bottle theory based on what I think the persons idea was for making a larger volume crossover tube. Which is prolly just me talking from my ass. :shrugani:

When you have a piston traveling from bdc to tdc it creates a negative pressure in the intake tract. This negative pressure is obviously transfered to the boost bottle with it expelling its air/fuel mixture. At higher rpms the negative pressure gets greater in the intake tract because there is less time for crankcase filling and greater frictional forces. The boost bottle tries to alleviate this buy allowing the negative pressure to be equalized from 2 sources. By creating a larger volume "crossover tube" it acts like a capacitor, short storage for quick use. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen. :shrugani: Also wouldn't there be a slight postive pressure in the intake tract after the reeds close? Theres a back wave coming from the intake closing the reed, then you have a positive pressure from the momentum of the main charge that could transfer through the crossover tube. Hell I dunno, just shooting around some idea's.

So basically your saying that your testicles are useless?  :lol:  Sorry couldn't resist.  :shrugani:

Anyway here's my personal boost bottle theory based on what I think the persons idea was for making a larger volume crossover tube. Which is prolly just me talking from my ass.  :shrugani:

When you have a piston traveling from bdc to tdc it creates a negative pressure in the intake tract. This negative pressure is obviously transfered to the boost bottle with it expelling its air/fuel mixture. At higher rpms the negative pressure gets greater in the intake tract because there is less  time for crankcase filling and greater frictional forces. The boost bottle tries to alleviate this buy allowing the negative pressure to be equalized from 2 sources. By creating a larger volume "crossover tube" it acts like a capacitor, short storage for quick use. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen.  :shrugani: Also wouldn't there be a slight postive pressure in the intake tract after the reeds close? Theres a back wave coming from the intake closing the reed, then you have a positive pressure from the momentum of the main charge that could transfer through the crossover tube. Hell I dunno, just shooting around some idea's.

434887[/snapback]

that too and they make a great pipe :evil:

There used to be a guy on here and PS that explained how a boost bottle could be of benefit on a twin cylinder two stroke if that bottle was specifically made for that motor. None of this cookie cutter one size fits all shit.

He went by the name Sainty on here, I beleive it was actually John Saint.

VERY smart guy that knew entirely too much about these motors. He had formed some kind of partnership with a company to build a new pipe and shortly after was diagnosed with an illness that forced him to leave the US for insurance reasons.

I don't know if he's still around, I did a search and he hasn't posted anything since Sept. of 02.

Here is his web site which doesn't work for me, but I guess it's worth a try.

http://www.stealthengineering.com/