Pre-order MR16 HID's in production!

Wallrat

Just got an email from my contact at TrailTech. The MR16 HID's are on the assembly line and should be ready for the first shipments by the end of next week. I should have one of the first sets available so I'll write up a review as soon as I get em.

Pre order list I guess is full, and last I heard the waiting list is backed up till January.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eclipse_mr16.jpg

Crazy insane bright HID's - same size as the torch lights. Basically 2 of these will be like having God's Flashlight on your bike. Best part about HID's is that the light is white and not yellow like what you're probably used to with halogen lights. What that means is that even though they're the equivalent of 200w/pair, they seem even brighter. Only drawback is that you have to switch the shee over to DC and install a small battery. Its easy, but still...

Specs:

Worlds first Self-Contained MR16 HID.

30 Watt draw, 100 watts Halogen equivalent output (200 watts/pair).

The most light ever put on a production ATV ... Period.

Nighttime Speeds = Daytime Speeds

(Perfect for those Summer nights at Glamis).

No Stator Modifications Required.

Model Specific Handlebar, Frame and stock location mounts.

Internal ballast.

Double Vibration Isolated.

Auto-Restrike.

Thermally Protected.

Hot Styling.

World Class Trail Tech Quality, Service, Support and Warranty.

Edited by Wallrat

I'd really like to setup a meeting with somebody running stock lights so I could do some side by side comparison photos. Not sure but I think Justintoxicated still has his stock lights. I'll have to see if he and I can meet up. They had the MR16 HID's setup at their booth at the SSSS, those things were BLINDING! There was definately alot of buzz around the display so you'll probably be seeing these lights taking over the market. I'm just stoked that I managed to get on the first shipment.

Wow good news, I got an email from Jeff at trailtech today and he says not only does he have 2 MR16 HID's with my name on them but I can get them for handlebar OR stock location!

So naturally I had to ask if I could just order both, but I have a feeling that I can only get ahold of 2 at this time. Which would mean stock location mounted since I already have the Osram Sylvania MR16 IR's on my handlebars.

Price is $99.95 each! Cheap as hell but the stock location mounts are $30 each....

Not bad at all!

Just waiting to hear where to send money to!

To be honest I don't mind softer light at all (slightly yellowish from Halogens) it is easier on the eyes, but damn I saw these things at the sand show and they were impressive. Much better than the lazerstar HID's I saw at the show, which were also much more expensive!

Edited by Justintoxicated