So somebody tried to gimme an 05 shee...

Wallrat

This past Thursday I head out a day early to Glamis. The rest of my crew wasn't getting there till Fri night so I roped off our camp and called it a night. Sometime after midnight I had to pee real bad so I got out of my trailer to find the nearest bush. While I'm standing there I notice something just off in the darkness - looks like a quad. I figured it was just another schmuck camping right up on another guy's shit instead of going further away and I went back to sleep. Next morning I wake up and I see its just a white/red, 05 shee sittin there, totally stock cept for a 6pack rack...no camp, no people, nothing. Its about 30 feet from my trailer so I'm more than curious. I checked it out and found that the gas tank was empty. I pulled out the manual hoping the owner wrote his name in there but no-go. Figured the guy ran out of gas and humped it back to camp so I left it there. Well people started waking up and riding and alot of people were eyeballing it as they rode by. So I went ahead and pushed it closer to my trailer so any schmuck with a tow rope wouldn't snag it.

At this point I'm starting to think homeboy must've really been drunk and doesn't know where he left his shee, and I'll admit, part of me is eyeballing that frame for myself and thinking EBAY for the rest :evil:

So I figured I'd wait around till noon to see if he showed up, then I'd head to the store to post a FOUND notice. He never showed and now I'm thinking that somebody stole it, took it for a joyride, and then ditched it when it ran outta gas. So I locked it up with my other bikes and headed to the store, still wrestling with that angel and devil sitting on my shoulders. No sooner had I posted the notice that I turn around and up drives Mr. Ranger. I took it as a sign that the Karma gods were fucking with me. So I reported it to the ranger and he came back to my camp. Ran the VIN - belonged to some guy in Arizona. We loaded it into his truck and I loaned him a couple tie downs. Figured that was the end of it and I'd have some seriously good karma for some time...but no....

My tie downs never did get back to me, and then my shee broke down 2 days later at the hill. Fucking Karma blows.

Edited by Wallrat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulda loaded it into the trailer and taken it home.  lol  Hopefully someone will get their shee back though, good job.

433448[/snapback]

Yeah it would've been soooo easy too. Had the enclosed trailer as well as my folding ramp for puting my shee into the back of my truck if I didn't feel like standing em up. But then you figure some poor guy is gonna have a monthly payment to Yamaha for a shee he doesn't even have. BTW...if the owner is on the board, let us know if you got it back okay. I heard his name on the radio but I don't remember it anymore.

I wonder if they ever set those things up to see if someone will steal them and then bust ya? The Karma gods may still be with you though. Those tie downs may have been bad and ready to break and your quad could of broke down after an hour. :shrugani:

yea man you did the right thing. i just wish that i knew why it was just sitting there next to your camp. thats what would have confused me.

whether it was a setup or someone just ran out of gas, they took a huge risk cause there arent a whole lot of people who would have done what you did.

good job man.

Figured that was the end of it and I'd have some seriously good karma for some time...but no....

My tie downs never did get back to me, and then my shee broke down 2 days later at the hill.  Fucking Karma blows.

433445[/snapback]

Yeah she does. Oh well, fuck her. Take comfort in knowing you did the right thing.

Your a good man charlie brown. Lucies a bitch though. Infer what you will.