LED Tail Light

rjvoight

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to Buy Circuit board create a current regulation circuit and also to DC power (1/2 rectified) Thermal epoxy Heatsinks, seal up optics, make brackets to mount everything, seal up the circuit box as best as I could.

Course I'm also using the same circuit for underlighting my ATV with 2 LED's which required more LED"s and more brackets and Heatsinks.

Had to Buy Circuit board create a current regulation circuit and also to DC power (1/2 rectified) Thermal epoxy Heatsinks, seal up optics, make brackets to mount everything, seal up the circuit box as best as I could.

Course I'm also using the same circuit for underlighting my ATV with 2 LED's which required more LED"s and more brackets and Heatsinks.

415472[/snapback]

Jeeezuuuus, I don't know what the hell you just said, but I do know that NASA is experiencing some serious issues with the shuttle program. They could use a guy like you!

Jeeezuuuus, I don't know what the hell you just said, but I do know that NASA is experiencing some serious issues with the shuttle program.  They could use a guy like you!

415724[/snapback]

His shit is intense like he says too!!

His damn bike looked like a UFO out there in the sand running around.

I'm thinking the LED"s he uses are the same LED's used on runways and aircraft.

I found a site that sells those, and its quite involved, but the result is amazing.

415472[/snapback]

Its not that hard to understand him. I took 1 semester of electronics in high school (on my second semester now) and I can understand him perfectly.

Did you have to etch your own board too?

go to radio shack open up the little drawers full of all the LED's, circuits, switches and even little parts you can somehow make them flash..

I had takin apart one of those cheap laser light pens (see then at every QikiMart).

They consisted of a battery, a button, alittle circuit snd the bulb. No schooling needed just tear some shit up til you figure it out!! :bolt:

Ha Justin and his halfwave form DC regulator circuits... just wait until he get his battery setup going and runs like 20 of those things off it. He'll be freakin Rudolph leading the pack and blinding everyone on his merry way through the dunes.

416475[/snapback]

You guys are funny, Stan, I saw your grab bar again at SSSS this weekend. I had some ideas, but I'm still very buisy still.... being buisy sucks...

I like the grab bar but might miss carrying my cooler :(

I did not etch my own circuit, I don't have that much time lol...And the pats I used were larger, so it was not really necessary.

Edited by Justintoxicated

You guys are funny, Stan, I saw your grab bar again at SSSS this weekend.  I had some ideas, but I'm still very buisy still.... being buisy sucks...

I like the grab bar but might miss carrying my cooler :(

I did not etch my own circuit, I don't have that much time lol...And the pats I used were larger, so it was not really necessary.

416591[/snapback]

I know what you mean about being busy.

When I started my project bike in februrary of this year I planned on riding it this summer.

Shit...now I have 2 bikes torn apart and nothing to ride. The only reason the other one is tore up, was to measure a few things. Haven't had time to put it back together.

One guy came into my shop and asked me if they ever run, or if I just work on them all the time....

Justin angled his red taillights down so as not to blind the guy behind him. Even still, from 80 feet back when he drops over a dune your eyes get blasted by piercing red lasers. Shit is kinda brutal actually. Justin you and that damn Devil Smurf bike of your's suck.

Oh yeah and for all the people talking about radio shack/autozone light strips...that's like comparing a Miata to a 350Z. But have fun with that Miata!