CR 250 vs banshee

lonestar

I was out at a place where we ride yesturday called sand creek.I had been racing my banshee against my brother's quadzilla.I was winning of course.I think I've almost got him convinced to get a banshee.Anyways,a guy come up on a yamaha 250 dirt bike.It was stock.The place where we was racing was just long enough for me to start off in 2nd ,hit third,then lock the brakes up trying to shut it down.The 250 never had a chance.By the time I finally had it shut down,he'd be turning around going back to the starting line.Yes,the 250's are beatable.Just don't expect to beat them with a stock banshee.

You are correct sir.I can beat a stock CR500.You should respect them though,because it takes more than just pipes on a banshee to have a chance to outrun them.They do run fast.

Here's a point some people lose site of.TRACTION.People sometimes think because the dirtbikes are lighter and make decent hp.,that they can't be beat.Put the bike in sand(especially without a paddle tire),and it will have trouble hooking up.The banshee has two tires,so traction can be our friend.

Edited by RDZ350

Yup I totally agree. Alot of people just think motor and not tires.I find dirtbikes are alot of fun to drag.Friggin' things are lightnin' outta the hole on hard pack.

410820[/snapback]

Doesn't even have to be hard pack. I don't care what kind of tires a banshee is running, don't race a dirt bike on a gravel road. Those things flat cut down to the hard stuff while were still spinning on top. Traction is key!!

not much really. my 4mm cub motor will flat out kill a 250 thats stock or mildly ported...mildy ported banshee could take one if setup properly...

407382[/snapback]

My mildy ported banshee beat a cr 250 with a pipe. I also beat him b4 i was ported though too, just not as bad.

The place where we was racing was just long enough for me to start off in 2nd ,hit third,then lock the brakes

How far were you racing 10 yards?

413752[/snapback]

Not really sure of the exact distance.It was probably about a 100 yards total.I wish we had raced somewhere else.At little sahara,a few 250's tried to race me.I just run away from them.Kind of made me feel like the roadrunner and they were the coyote. :bolt: My bike,when it hooks up,needs alot of room to stop it.A week ago I was racing some guys and thought I was going to hit some trees because I couldn't hardly shut it down.I know my bike will really run,but never let it be said I'm unbeatable.I've raced some banshees that made me look like I just shut my bike off.They beat me that bad.Really.