metal shavings in the bottom of my oil pan...

MrTJ

Well, i was changing the oil in my banshee today and i happen to notice some metal shaving in the oil pan after i emptyed it. <_< i never had this happen before, so im worried. i have not driven in in about 2 months, because on my last ride i crashed and broke my collar bone. Just before I did that i put a new set of t6's on it. it seemed to be running fine and had no probloms, but appently somthing is going on. The top end has about 2 years on it and the bottom end is still stock. Am I going to be rebuilding it again here shortly? I suppose one possible explnation but is probally just wishfull thinking is that the spot where you screw the oil plug in is partly stripped, it wouldnt just be the threads falling off woul it?

thanks

Steel is magnetic right? The shavings diddnt stick to the magnet so... aluminum?

399286[/snapback]

im guessing parts of your clutch basket, inner and outer hubs and pressure plate as well as your steels and fibers. sounds like its time for new parts.

im guessing parts of your clutch basket, inner and outer hubs and pressure plate as well as your steels and fibers. sounds like its time for new parts.

399316[/snapback]

yup.  pull the right side motor cover to be sure.  but be sure to drain the coolant first!

399331[/snapback]

hmm this doesnt sound good at all, i'll take it apart soon, and find out whats going on.

man that sucks but you can bring it to the house and do it if you want instead of the storage place.

399403[/snapback]

thanks man, that will help alot