Anyone do MX with rocket pipes?

01bansheefox

not tryin to stir anything up, but runnin mx with rocket pipes is like masturbating with a cactus, just dont make sense. yes there are some tracks that you COULD use rocket pipes on, but who's gonna buy a set of pipes that are only good for one track? i'd stick with my mid-low pipes, becasue a banshee will still scream in the straighaways' no matter what pipes your runnin.

Ouchhhhhhhhh :blink::blink::wacko: Damn Jeff, hell of a way to put it :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

not tryin to stir anything up, but runnin mx with rocket pipes is like masturbating with a cactus, just dont make sense. yes there are some tracks that you COULD use rocket pipes on, but who's gonna buy a set of pipes that are only good for one track? i'd stick with my mid-low pipes, becasue a banshee will still scream in the straighaways' no matter what pipes your runnin.

391494[/snapback]

from my experiance,rockets have a different power band,from my old fmf's still have alot of torque down low but i also run 17-41 gears.so like i said with proper gearing you may like them.it would really depend on you and your riding charachteristics.if your a hard charger, fast in,brake late and power out of corners like me,i think youll like them for mx.13-41 for mx i think would be great,to keep it in the r's for instant response and getting on the pipe immediatly

from my experiance,rockets have a different power band,from my old fmf's still have alot of torque down low but i also run 17-41 gears.so like i said with proper gearing you may like them.it would really depend on you and your riding charachteristics.if your a hard charger,  fast in,brake late and power out of corners like me,i think youll like them for mx.13-41 for mx i think would be great,to keep it in the r's for instant response and getting on the pipe immediatly

391814[/snapback]

13 -41 would be a hell of a shifting frenzy

i run cpi's on my mx bike only because i didnt know about pt mids or high revs...

but to make a long story short i was racing two other shee's on the track they had pt mids and trinity's i couldnt believe the cpi's actualy got them both in the hair pin turns

and my gearing is 15-41 and when we got on the straigh away i just kept on pullin away :bolt:

so if cpi's are as silimilar to rockets as beeing drag pipes they worked fine for me :cheers:

Edited by H250RHATER

Dont matter what pipes you run, minus outta frames, it willall come down to your gearing and tire combination. 13/41 may not be as shiftingofa frenzy as you think hell he may be running a 22" tire, doubtful but that would put him equal to 15/41 gearing with 18" tires which I run in tight trails ona drag motor(cub) and rockets and absolutely love it. I put 20" tires on with the 15/41 gearing and it blew dick, very big difference in response.

Gearing quite possibly the most overlooked aspect of racing period.

all you need is gears and you can run any pipe out there. rockets will be fine on the mx track once your bike is geared properly. and all them suckers runnin pt mids that quitm aking power at 8000rpm will be sorry when youre blasting by at 10 grand...