Anyone do MX with rocket pipes?

01bansheefox

I dunno...some of those Civics are pretty hot once they get the neons and the 8" exhaust tips on them. Once you put a 1" drop on the springs..oh its on!

You can leave the brakes stock though. :lol:

393386[/snapback]

haha stan you are one of those fast and furious drivers arent you?? :lol: you have a dropped civic with a fart can exhaust dont you??? :jesterlaugh:

Really doens't make sense to me to run a high rev pipe for mx no matter what gearing you use. It still takes more time to reach the "meat" of the power band with high rev pipes. Not benefical on a MX track where you are continously on and off the trottle. You would have to keep the motor running at a higher rpm all the time. I don't think that would be an easy task on most MX tracks.

I dunno...some of those Civics are pretty hot once they get the neons and the 8" exhaust tips on them. Once you put a 1" drop on the springs..oh its on!

You can leave the brakes stock though. :lol:

393386[/snapback]

Oh yea, did you all see the new car I just bought? The ground effects are stunning... i didn't realize Home Depot carried such nice ground effects... :evil:

civicgutter.JPG

Oh yea, did you all see the new car I just bought?  The ground effects are stunning... i didn't realize Home Depot carried such nice ground effects...  :evil:

civicgutter.JPG

400535[/snapback]

:rotflmao: Looks like rain guttering mounted upside down.

• 4 months later...

250RHater, thats not you pipes killing them in the tights, its your porting, same on the straights

Any MX port that is worth a crap will run fine on Rockets...problem is the physical size of the pipes themselves that creates the problem. As for gearing vs. pipes etc. etc. The best MX combo in most cases is a port job that will make excellent torque OFF the pipe and come on like a drag motor ON the pipe. This allows broad tractable power in the tights with enough acceleration to clear traffic for the next set-up for the turn. It also allow you to run taller gearing so your not shifting your ass off and not always looking for the right gear for the circumstance, not to mention with such broad power, youve reached enough wheel speed so when that drag motor acceleration kicks in your not going sideways down the track. Some drag pipes work good for this set-up as long as your porting isn't gutless down low like alot of what Ive seen.....Jim

Edited by PassionRE