winamuca sand dunes

fast500#12

i live in fallon nv about 30 mins from sand moutain and i'm kinda getting tired of the same old thing. don't get me wrong i love the place but change and new places to ride are good IMO. i have been wandering about winamuca sand dunes for a while but i just can't bring my self to drive 2 1/2 hours to ride crap. any one ever riden there? how is it? :shrugani:

I ride sand mountain and it takes about four and a half hours for me to get there from Cali. Hey look at it this way take a suitcase of beer and try it out. Crap riding is better than no riding at all, and after that you will know.

I also have an idea try calling a local cycle shop there and ask them if there are any dunes worth a two hour trip....... Good luck man :cheers:

i live in fallon nv about 30 mins from sand moutain and i'm kinda getting tired of the same old thing. don't get me wrong i love the place but change and new places to ride are good IMO. i have been wandering about winamuca sand dunes for a while but i just can't bring my self to drive 2 1/2 hours to ride crap. any one ever riden there? how is it? :shrugani:

386444[/snapback]

Drove past it going to Sand Mt. The dunes are located North of town heading to Oregon. From what you can see it is pretty small and flat riding area.

i went to duneguide.com and it said that its about a forty square miles of riding area but the are no peaks that reach over 100 ft high. so i don't know i think that i'll check it out some day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i rode it i lived about 2 hours north of it ..... its tight but when your on the road you only see a little area . go over the big sand hill in the back and its miles of dune lots of bowls and and jump and razer backs like crazy .... fun ...... its better then sand mountain ,,,, there way more riding ..... but there no bigass hill to race up ...... but the best thing is there never anyone out there i rode there for about 3 years when i could and seen like maybe 20 people ./... so ya its worth checkin out i think :headbang:

Edited by andiefrogger