TEST PILOT NEEDED! Duner only!

Shane

To answer your question is that I tried and they said they could not make a stock shock as good as their own....thats why everyone keeps mentioning works and elkas. Only certain companies will build a stock shock and say its just as good as the real thing. If someone thinks they can build a stock shock to be just as good as my ohlins or other peoples axis, then send me a set and I'll give my full report on them. I'll be going to Glamis this Feb and will test a set out. I'm not brand specific, but I do give my opinions good and bad about any product I've ever tested either in the field or on the dyno. Everything I learned is from my own experience, not from what others say....Everyone that has met me knows that I'll dial them in before testing so it will be accurate. I've done a lot of questioning, testing and research on this subject and would love to find a stock shock w/ superior valving for other hq'ers..as well as myself.

428727[/snapback]

We will have to use overnight shipping both ways. As I race every other weekend. Is approximately five days sufficient? If that is not enough time for your scientific professional certified opinion, then after the season perhaps.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will have to use overnight shipping both ways.  As I race every other weekend.  Is approximately five days sufficient?  If that is not enough time for your scientific professional certified opinion, then after the season perhaps.

428764[/snapback]

When is the season over? I'll be in Glamis in Feb., there will also be over 45 other members there from the east coast, I'll be there for 8 days. That would be perfect for trying out suspension where we could test over miles of whoops and jumps.

When is the season over? I'll be in Glamis in Feb., there will also be over 45 other members there from the east coast, I'll be there for 8 days. That would be perfect for trying out suspension where we could test over miles of whoops and jumps.

428805[/snapback]

Either way, why would I want to try your shock??? Yours is setup for racing.....which is what kind of racing??? Drag, mx, hill shooting, so your valving won't be correct....If yours is setup up for a +4 swingarm for whoops and duning, then send it, so the comparison will be correct. I want to compare apples to apples so there is no misunderstandings.

• 2 weeks later...
Guess you never heard of the works black widows and pro g series shocks. My understanding is they have the best technology in atv suspension at this time with those new shocks.

428673[/snapback]

I looked at them they looked ok, but the springs and build quality and expecialy valving is likely inferior to other companies. They do have more technology in that they have 2 dedicated lines to the resevoir (input and output line) but that is lkely only goign to help so much...

From my understanding the stock rear has a good housing, but has pretty crappy internals but once those are replaced they are almsot as good as any aftermarket rear shock, not 100% equal but probably 80%, if you want that extra 20% its going to cost you 2-3x as much, which is fine for some and too much for others.

now front shocks are another story altogether, the stock fronts body and internals are crap. I still messing with adjustments on the elka elites now that the initial break in is done ;). Gotta love all the adjustments. I heard Ohlins has better valving so when it's time for a rebuild I'll be using the elka body and ohlins internals to have the best of both worlds!

Of course Axis is great too :P $$$$$$$$$$

I looked at them they looked ok, but the springs and build quality and expecialy valving is likely inferior to other companies.  They do have more technology in that they have 2 dedicated lines to the resevoir (input and output line) but that is lkely only goign to help so much...

434240[/snapback]

At least you have a pragmatic approach to your opinion that surely doesn't include any biases. :lol: