TEST PILOT NEEDED! Duner only!

Shane

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOPS...sorry guys!!

I gotta say this shock is badass!! I have tried three different shocks..stock, axis, and the stock one that Shane built. Of course everyone knows pretty well what a stock shock performs like. I also tried an Axis custom shock, not 100% set up for me though. That was a huge improvement over stock. Then i was able to try Shane's shock. What a difference!! I dont know exactly what he does to the inside of the shock, but it must be some kind of magic!! The Axis shock would be pretty unpredictable through some tight deep whoops. Bounce up one way kick the other, it was not easy to stay on the gas. When I put Shanes shock on, it was a much needed improvement. It let me open the throttle up for most of the time going through the whoops. Granted it was still a rough ride, but much more predictable, a quite a bit smoother, and a pleasure to ride!! :notworthy:

Set the Axis shock up for you 100%. You will be surprised. I mean nothing against anyones product, but if a fully dedicated aftermarket shock can be beat by a stock rebuild, it wasn't set up right.

I have rode a Banshee set up just like mine, with the difference being Roll/Axis where I have TCS/Fireball, and the difference was like night and day. And I have the TCS rear, not a stock rebuild.

Setup is everthing when it comes to suspension.

The "DUNE EDITION" shock that Elka is advertising is nothing more than a shock that is sprung and valved to give a plush ride that duners are normally looking for. MX set-up may be fine for some but generally those that ride the dunes are looking for plushness. We rebuild the rear shock to give them that at far less cost than purchasing a new aftermarket shock.

Shane

I was kinda hoping for an answer from the guy building the shocks that they are testing.

But I will read u pon the Elka's.

Personally I have always run MX shocks in the dunes and been really happy with them.

425019[/snapback]