Getting a little out of control in my area

I live on Long Island NY, on the north shore about middle of the island. Each week that goes by Ive been hearing more and more about cops cracking down on riding on the island. Task forces are being put together to stop ATV riding in all locations. This weekend I was driving my car down a road that runs parallel to these power line trails that everyone rides in. I noticed a cop car, a police truck with trailer, and two cops riding quads into the trail to set up sting operation. Is it just me or is this getting a little bit ridiculous where suffolk county cops (who are one of the highest paid police departments, while the "real cops" in the city are getting paid nothing) are wasting tax dollars to bust guys enjoying there toys. I was so close to pulling along side the cops on quads in my car and telling them how much of a joke they are.

Its almost not worth me having my 05 banshee anymore if this sh*t is gonig to go down every weekend. On Long Island there are NO designated "legal" places to ride. Why allow dealers to sell ATV's on the Island if there is absolutely NO place to "leagally" ride.

Is it just me or is this Police ATV task force Bull Sh*t gotten way, way to out of control?

damn dude things are shitty up there , i dunno bout everywhere else but here ill ride right by a cop on my street and he`ll nod his head at me....guess some people have different attitudes up there man. im sorry to hear bout those asshole cops , i mean its not like the guys ridin wheelers are out sellin drugs and shooting people ... so why put them thru that shit???

Yeah, that really sucks, man.  They act like ATVs are a huge threat to society, and they gotta take us down, before we multiply and take over. Why don't they work that hard to get the crackheads and gang bangers off the streets?

372397[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, Suffolk County Cops have absolutely nothing better to do, It just a matter of time before some guy hits a tree and kills himself because of a sh*thead cop chasing him. Thats what it going to come to real soon over here.

damn dude things are shitty up there , i dunno bout everywhere else but here ill ride right by a cop on my street and he`ll nod his head at me....guess some people have different attitudes up there man.  im sorry to hear bout those asshole cops , i mean its not like the guys ridin wheelers are out sellin drugs and shooting people ... so why put them thru that shit???

372391[/snapback]

I wish things were like that here, im really jealous of your situation bro.

It would be nice to pass a cop and not have to worry about being chased and having an escape route home.

My thoughts exactly, Suffolk County Cops have absolutely nothing better to do, It just a matter of time before some guy hits a tree and kills himself because of a sh*thead cop chasing him.    Thats what it going to come to real soon over here.

372420[/snapback]

If someone hits a tree running from the cops then he gets what he deserves. Like them or not laws are laws. If you don't like them work to get them changed. Breaking them and running only creates a worse reputation for the ATV community.

yo 2k5,

I live on long island too, and ride ALOT! Where did you see these cops? I know I get chased in the trails probably every other time I ride by the DEC, but I always get away :ph34r: . Im sure ill got caught someday, which is why im probably gonna sell the shee, and get a 450r, to race XC :cheers: . Did you know that on long island there is a no pursuit policy, and that the cops cant chase you on the road? They were chasing some kid on the road, and the dumbass cop tried to do the "pit" manuver, and killed him. BTW, i live and ride in wading river, and unless youre a dumb piece of shit who rides down the road during rushhour, or who rides his loud ass quad around houses, the cops probably wont even notice you. Being a 15 year old, it seems totally rediculas to me how much they are crackin down on riders. EVERY DAY in school I see kids buying, selling, and doing drugs! They even smoke on the stairs to get into the school DURING school! ANd where are the cops??? Sitting in the freakin woods enjoying the new RHINO the tax payers bought them. Maybe we should all start writing some letters :shrugani: . Let me know if youre ever goin riding in wading river. the trails here go all the way from the beach to the expressway, to riverhead, to manorville! We are connected to most of long islands major power line trails and pine barrens!

-Brian

well.. ny sounds like its perty shitty..

all i know is you here.. thee are tons of places to ride and the only place cops are is on a leagal trail that the speed limit is 10mph.. lol.. try doing 10 on a shee..

i havent yet seen a cop driving an atv.. but i have had them flash thee lights at me for driving down the highway and crossing streets.. but now the laws have changed.. we can cross streets.. drive down a street for 2 miles to a trail..

and ride the sides of the highways.. not to bad.. none really gives any reason for the cops to go down on the atvs so i geuss thats why its not to bad here..

you guys should write in a bunch of letters and mabe it might do somthing..

if you have to run from the cops everyride.. then somday it might turn bad..

look out for your self.. lifes to short to come to a sunden stop on a tree..

peace devin

If someone hits a tree running from the cops then he gets what he deserves.  Like them or not laws are laws.  If you don't like them work to get them changed.  Breaking them and running only creates a worse reputation for the ATV community.

372423[/snapback]

Yo, you mean to tell me that if a few cops are chasing you and apon catching you they will right you up to $1000 in tickets your just gonna stand there like a chump and take it. Honestly I dont know anyone who will do something like that.

How are you going to say laws are laws, when they are STRICTLY enforced in one state and NOT enforced in another. To me its not a law, its bullsh*t. I understand where you are coming from, "you lay in your bed, you make it" policy, but dont tell me that someone getting killed being chased or ambused by the cops would not be media hysteria and become a big problem.

Yo, you mean to tell me that if a few cops are chasing you and apon catching you they will right you up to $1000 in tickets your just gonna stand there like a chump and take it.  Honestly I dont know anyone who will do something like that.

How are you going to say laws are laws, when they are STRICTLY enforced in one state and NOT enforced in another.  To me its not a law, its bullsh*t.  I understand where you are coming from, "you lay in your bed, you make it" policy, but dont tell me that someone getting killed being chased or ambused by the cops would not be media hysteria and become a big problem.

372562[/snapback]

I mean to tell you I'm not going to do anything dumb enough to get a $1000 ticket. If I can't ride somewhere I don't. I have been riding in areas when the cops showed up. I went and tolked to them and they told me to leave. I loaded up and left. The truck that ran from them was caught and everyone was in handcuffs when I was loading up and leaving. I like to call those tickets you get from running STUPID TICKETS. If you act stupid then you get a ticket. Usually a lot more than if you would have just stopped. If you use some common sense and don't ride where it is illegal then you won't get a ticket.

I live on Long Island NY, on the north shore about middle of the island.  Each week that goes by Ive been hearing more and more about cops cracking down on riding on the island.  Task forces are being put together to stop ATV riding in all locations.  This weekend I was driving my car down a road that runs parallel to these power line trails that everyone rides in.  I noticed a cop car, a police truck with trailer, and two cops riding quads into the trail to set up sting operation.  Is it just me or is this getting a little bit ridiculous where suffolk county cops (who are one of the highest paid police departments, while the "real cops" in the city are getting paid nothing) are wasting tax dollars to bust guys enjoying there toys.  I was so close to pulling along side the cops on quads in my car and telling them how much of a joke they are.

Its almost not worth me having my 05 banshee anymore if this sh*t is gonig to go down every weekend.  On Long Island there are NO designated "legal" places to ride.  Why allow dealers to sell ATV's on the Island if there is absolutely NO place to "leagally" ride.

Is it just me or is this Police ATV task force Bull Sh*t gotten way, way to out of control?

372384[/snapback]

damn, sorry to here about this. we ahve alot of tracks here used in championships, we are aloud to ride on the legally for practice etc and there are some trails we are aloud to ride on to. the places we aint aloud to ride on we dont realy go to, but there are 1 or 2 places we like to go that are very illegal to ride for safety reasons. 1 is a huuuuuge quarry we go to, its the shit! nighty has been there with us.

the police and land owners piss me off though. there is no tresspassing laws in scotland so basically anyone can go anywhere and rome freely. do you think people listen or know this law???? no.

The only reason they are out there is that they have to respond to the complaints that they get. the real problem is that Long Island has changed in a big way in the past 10 years. All the city people decided to move out to Long Island where is is nice and quiet. Tye want it as quiet as posible so they rally together and get the law to work for them. The riders on long Island however don't do sh-t they ride on streets and on private land and b-tch because they get kicked off and impounded. What riders need to do iS get together and get a place where we can legally ride beFore it is too late. Join a group or write some letters to a legislator thats the only way we can get a place to ride without getting in trouble!! Check out www.liorv.org we just had a task forcemeeting last week we could have used more people.

If you use some common sense and don't ride where it is illegal then you won't get a ticket.

372570[/snapback]

I live and ride on Long Island, NY also and what you just said is just about impossible to do :angry: Like stated earlier it's fucked up that there is no legit place to ride but yet they don't have a problem selling us our ATV's and then collecting our registration money that they don't use to benefit us. Why the hell collect it. Where the hell does the money go ?

I did read that a support group is rallying together to get law makers to appoint us some land to ride on, but then I hear that they said something about 50 - 100 acres. Now that is WACK :yank: Do they really think with all the registered ATV's, non registerd, and the steadily rising sales of ATV's, that this will be sufficient ? :blink: I would have love to attend the hearing but I had no idea when and where it was :confused:

I live in Bay Shore, and I ride off of Rt. 111 and the 495,and Riverhead Pine barrons. Also in the woods at Pilgrim State Pyschiatric Center - and now I seen at the 3rd precint 2 cop quads loading up on a trailer ready to go here and bust people. One of the highest paid cop forces in the country and this is what they do with our hard earned tax money :yank:

I heard that some newly elected official wanted to reduce the amount of cops on night patrol because alot have been caught just chillin side by side bullshitin' and even sleeping in their squad cars...Enough venting :cry:

Let me go check out that website and see what I can do

- Jeff