Read this and digest for a moment

Had a close friend running down the highway last night on his 600 Honda  at the speed limit when he crashed into a stalled car on the roadway. It appears some guys were towing a SUV with a tow strap when it broke and left the car on the roadway momentarely with no lights or markers on. Apparently James(my friend) didnt notice it or the lighting was bad...not really sure, but he hit it square on and died instantly.. After he hit the SUV, the guys towing the damn thing tried to run away but bystanders got the tag number and they were arrested later that night. I'm not preaching, Ive been a biker for over 35 years, but just sit and imagine what his last thoughts were and keep it in mind next time your  blasting around on your street bikes...Jim

368047[/snapback]

Really sorry for your loss bro. Lifelong friend dropped his bike right in front of me last summer and died before the ambulance got there. I ride a Harley and pretty much expect every car out there is going to try and kill me. Even with that attitude I am fully aware that my next ride could be my last because sometimes even with the best intentions things happen you can't control. I came close to giving up my Harley last summer but love to ride too much. Godspeed to your lost friend.

i swear i added a reply in this about my buddys death...

but now its gone..

well doesnt matter anymore.. but i am very sorry to hear that man..

its always hard to lose a friend..

just take it slow.. and have as much fun as you can now.. cause you never know when somthing could happen to your self..

feel better.. hope his family does ok..

peace devin

Good luck with it Jim, I know what your going through only I know it a liitle too good.

Its hard man your not gonna feel the same a part of you just dies. The hardest time wont come until all the hubub is gon e about a month or so later when it fully sinks in like fuuuck.

Im sorry to hear about your friend...I know all to well how it feels to lose a friend...friend of mine died when some 16 year old kid decided to take his dads camaro out and tried to race my friend and the kid lost control of his car and hit my friend spinning him into oncoming traffic where he was hit head on my a semi. Im sure your friend is in a better place now man.

Had a close friend running down the highway last night on his 600 Honda  at the speed limit when he crashed into a stalled car on the roadway. It appears some guys were towing a SUV with a tow strap when it broke and left the car on the roadway momentarely with no lights or markers on. Apparently James(my friend) didnt notice it or the lighting was bad...not really sure, but he hit it square on and died instantly.. After he hit the SUV, the guys towing the damn thing tried to run away but bystanders got the tag number and they were arrested later that night. I'm not preaching, Ive been a biker for over 35 years, but just sit and imagine what his last thoughts were and keep it in mind next time your  blasting around on your street bikes...Jim

368047[/snapback]

this is a freaky coincidence ,Jim, but my27yr friend and his22yrold girlfriend were on there 950 something honda sportbike going 60-70mph and a guy pulled directly right in front of them on wednesday may11th at 7 oclock at dusk.they were life flighted by helicoptor to erie PA (40 miles north),and i was told they will be very lucky if theyre still alive ,i heard they broke nearly everybone in thier bodies including most vertabraes and skidded their bodies 150 feet both had helmets on too. people dont watch motorcyclists .thats why they call them "murdercycles" they are dangerous IMO not by the bikerider , but by all the other vehicles on the road not watching them let alone a woodchuck ,deer ,a bird all that shit can take your life unexpectedly ,atleast on a dirtbike or quad you only worry about yourself being dumb .sorry for your loss

Jim sorry to hear about the loss of your freind.I know how your feeling I loss my freind 5 years ago in a bike crash.A lady turned into him and claimed she never saw him.

Edited by SICK BOY

Sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend....

thats the exact reason i dont ride the street anymore, lost too many friends to careless people on the roads. I too was hit by a car, but fortunately only suffered a broken leg..

my prayers are with you and his family.

Thanks for the comments guys and girls.....its just a bad deal anyway you look at it. I just love street bikes and still have a couple of old RD's I mess with. I should have been dead about 3 times that I can think of, but by the grace of God I was able to pull out of the situations. Ive broken both legs, both arms, Left collar bone, fingers and have had road rash over 50 percent of my body trying to dodge those idiots over the years, and it still hasnt kept me from riding them. Just be carefull when your out there on the streets and like someone in another post said, just ride like every one of those idiots is trying to snuff you out....thanks again...Jim

Thanks for the comments guys and girls.....its just a bad deal anyway you look at it. I just love street bikes and still have a couple of old RD's I mess with. I should have been dead about 3 times that I can think of, but by the grace of God I was able to pull out of the situations. Ive broken both legs, both arms, Left collar bone, fingers and have had road rash over 50 percent of my body trying to dodge those idiots over the years, and it still hasnt kept me from riding them. Just be carefull when your out there on the streets and like someone in another post said, just ride like every one of those idiots is trying to snuff you out....thanks again...Jim

369509[/snapback]

It sucks to hear about stuff like this. I have friends that ride, and they've wanted me to get a bike too, but the idiots here give me a workout in a 2 ton truck, I can't imagine trying to get to work, a simple 8 mile drive, on something with as much protection as a 2x4. I've ridden bikes for ever, but on the back with my dad. I loved it, and was going to get a bike early on, but I've seen how bad its gotten around here over the last 20 years. I see someone doing something stupid on the road every single day, and I know when I see a motorcycle approaching, I don't pull out. I don't give a shit if I and the people behind me have to wait an extra 20 whole seconds, I'm not pulling out in front of a motorcycle.

There was a fireman killed about a block from my house last august. He was riding southbound at 40 mph on a Suzuki 600 I'm thinking, when some people in approaching cars were doing some sort of road rage thing where they would pass, pull in front of the other car and slam the brakes. I guess by the time they got up by my house they were doing around 60-70 mph, and these kids decided that slamming on the brakes wasn't enough, so they pulled the e-brake (no tail lights would come on, making the other driver hit them was their idea). Well, that locked up the rear wheels and they started spinning, they slid into on coming traffic and this 23 year old father of 2 got hit before he could even touch his brakes. So far 3 people have been charged with vehicular homicide but that doesn't really matter much when I drive by that spot everyday and see someone has put up more flowers and a cross for him on the side of the road.

There are just too many stupid fucking drivers around here for me. :shootself: