YFZ450 or 450R?

loco I am going to have to disagree that a stock yfz beats a cammed and piped one.

My bud has the 450r and we just got back from the dunes and he just has the HMF adjustable slip on and I watched him race about 45 times and never got beat by a stocker. I realize the yami is faster but I don't think its to the degree as you discribed.

I am no pro on the subject but from what I saw, people who had their shit tuned were running tossups on the piped shit.

I would opt for the extra pony or two and go for the YFZ if I was buying.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love yamaha, have 2 banshee's, but if i were to buy one of the 450's, it would be the honda. everybody's different. everybody seems to have a perfect race record on the internet, but i've seen a predaturd walk all over both of the 450's as well as some banshee's. i think it all boils down to whatever bike makes you feel more confident as a rider, because if there's a good relationship between you and your bike, you trust yourself to push the envelope a bit more and become a better rider, thereby going faster.

just my $.02

loco I am going to have to disagree that a stock yfz beats a cammed and piped one.

My bud has the 450r and we just got back from the dunes and he just has the HMF adjustable slip on and I watched him race about 45 times and never got beat by a stocker.  I realize the yami is faster but I don't think its to the degree as you discribed.

I am no pro on the subject but from what I saw, people who had their shit tuned were running tossups on the piped shit.

354936[/snapback]

you can disagree all you want. the time clock doesnt lie. alot may depend on rider. there is no one at our hillclimbs that rides harder than i do. but i have never been beaten on flat ground by a cammed and piped 450r either.

My bud has the 450r and we just got back from the dunes and he just has the HMF adjustable slip on and I watched him race about 45 times and never got beat by a stocker.  I realize the yami is faster but I don't think its to the degree as you discribed.

354936[/snapback]

Do a search, I posted a video of my stock yfz dragging a piped, cammed, ported, and high compression piston 450r. You can see for urself how close the race is.

what about electric start verses no electric start.

354867[/snapback]

Who needs electric start? The electric start topic has been raised before for the Banhsee and most people can do without it. Just one more thing that can go wrong. Dont need it.

I've seen stock YFZ's lose to cammed and piped R's. I think Loco's riding ability is the reason he wins a lot of races.

Who needs electric start? The electric start topic has been raised before for the Banhsee and most people can do without it. Just one more thing that can go wrong. Dont need it.

I've seen stock YFZ's lose to cammed and piped R's. I think Loco's riding ability is the reason he wins a lot of races.

355061[/snapback]

i need electric start!! i kicked on my buddies 450r a few times and said fuck that. i def dont like how that bastard kicks forward.

id have to agree that me beating a lot of the bikes i do is because of my ability. youd be surpised at how many hopped up banshees i spank at our hillclimbs with my lil old stock 450...

Hey Brooke, I'll give you something hard to ride on. :bolt:

the 450's are cool, but I don't like the riding position I'm like bent over the entire time and I don't like it. Thats fine in a race but when your cruisin the dunes I think it would get a little old if I just wanted to sit up for a few minutes. I would get tired of getting beat by 350 banshees and bithcing about how much I had invested into my 450 to almost win a race...

That and they make one of the most annoying sounds in the world especialy when a bunch of them race up the hill at once.

but thats just me. Maybe once they can get them to go faster I will think about getting one for a spare quad.

BTW I have sceen it work both ways. Sceen a really modified 450R that could almost keep up with our shees untill we would pass him 1/2 way up the hill. Probably had well over 10g's into it.

I also sceen YFZ's beat 450R's

What I don't see if 450's beating me or Inflames Passion 350cc 12-port or SDD's stock 7 mil stroker Banshee.

What I do see if alot of Pissed off people on 450's who think they can beat all banshees because they beat a few piped ones.

hell one guy went up to Inflames last trip and started asking him a bunch of questions abotu what he had done. all he could say was well, it's ported and has pipes and it's not a 370 and no I don't run race fuel. The guy on the 450 told him he beats 370 banshees all the time! Both me and Inflames flew past him every single race with just poritng carbs and pipes. it wasent even close.

Only way I would get a 450 would be to race MX and it WOULD be the yamaha, and then I would probably still get a 250R instead..

The one cool thing about the 450R is that it has seperate tranny oil I think. Everything else is better on the YFZ. And shit your going to have to change the oil every trip anyways....

Edited by Justintoxicated

hell one guy went up to Inflames last trip and started asking him a bunch of questions abotu what he had done. all he could say was well, it's ported and has pipes and it's not a 370 and no I don't run race fuel. The guy on the 450 told him he beats 370 banshees all the time! Both me and Inflames flew past him every single race with just poritng carbs and pipes. it wasent even close

LOL, that was classic...he was basically calling me a liar and saying that nothing short of a 370 or race fuel could hang with him.

runnin the 4 strokes is like fucking the fat chick its fun untill you loose and your friends find out :whoa: