BEST PORTING OPTIONS

Yes, both. I want low end and top end, and yes I do a lot of dragging.

350948[/snapback]

i hate to tell you but you arent gonna be able to get a really strong low end and also have a really strong top end. if you get a drag oriented port your motor will come on around 6000rpms and signing off around 11000 or so. if you go with a woods or trail port you are looking at about 4000rpms and signing off around 9000 or so. yes you can switch up pipes and do things here and there to get rpm but the bottom line is that ur gonna have to give up one or the other. my bros gorr woods port had tons of low end grunt, more than any other banshee ive ever ridden and he had a pretty good topend because that woods port could pull high gearing. he also ran t5s and 33mm pwk. i would say at this point u better be lookin at low end ports and then get some top end pipes and different gearing to achive close to what u want.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to tell you but you arent gonna be able to get a really strong low end and also have a really strong top end. if you get a drag oriented port your motor will come on around 6000rpms and signing off around 11000 or so. if you go with a woods or trail port you are looking at about 4000rpms and signing off around 9000 or so. yes you can switch up pipes and do things here and there to get rpm but the bottom line is that ur gonna have to give up one or the other. my bros gorr woods port had tons of low end grunt, more than any other banshee ive ever ridden and he had a pretty good topend because that woods port could pull high gearing. he also ran t5s and 33mm pwk. i would say at this point u better be lookin at low end ports and then get some top end pipes and different gearing to achive close to what u want.

350971[/snapback]

What about getting low-mid range porting , and biger carbs, (32's) to help the top end? <_<

What about getting low-mid range porting , and biger carbs, (32's) to help the top end? <_<

350982[/snapback]

Ive got an agressive dune port. With the 19 cc domes is still has its fair share of low end. Maybe not as much as a low end port would, but I can still lug it around easily enough. Just a small slip of the clutch and your :bolt:

You're really trying to do something a Banshee isn't designed to do.

You can get good bottom, but it'll sign off top a little more.

You can get Phenomenal top...but, low will lack.

The purpose of this site is help one another, shard mods, stories, ideas...and friendship...not to try and accomplish the impossible..:)

I'm not trying to get you down or discourage you...but, you're asking for a lot of bottom and at the same time keeping a screaming top end for drag racing...

Bigger carbs will help top, so will drag style pipes. But, then...if you get a low end/mid end port job, your not getting the most of the pipes and carbs you just bought. See what I mean?

You're going to have to make a compromise somewhere, that's all I'm saying!!

There are several reputable porters out there.

Passion, Eric Gorr, Trinity...etc.

Talk with each of them...

What about getting low-mid range porting , and biger carbs, (32's) to help the top end?
I think you're going to find that won't work very well. You're probably going to find a serious stumble from lack of velocity in the carbs. Beleive it or not, the stock carbs are pretty good carbs and pull respectably on top.

You're probably going to want semi high compression to help the low end and get something along the line of an MX/Dune style port. They still pull OK down low really come to life in the mid range and pull pretty weel on top, but sign off quicker than a drag style port.

Just contact a builder and tell him what you want and see what he can do. Different builders have different ways of getting results.

I had mine built as a national MX motor and I think I got the best compromise for my style of riding.

Pipes become a huge factor too. Don't buy a drag pipe for low end riding, yet don't get a 2:1 for top end.

I had PTR mids on my RZ and it had insane bottom end, close to a four stroke and pulled good on top.

you allways want low end.... any fucking 2 cycle has top end, the more bottom you can get the faster you'll launch, the better trails will be..... the faster times you'll get on the track, you'll climb hills better, if you can get some grunt out of a 2 cycle yer haulin has..........you cant hold that fucker pinned on a track for any length of time, its all about hookin up and gaining time on the bastards that are chaising you, if your shit peters out at 9g's up shift its that simple........

Edited by Blue Duece

I think you're going to find that won't work very well.  You're probably going to find a serious stumble from lack of velocity in the carbs.  Beleive it or not, the stock carbs are pretty good carbs and pull respectably on top. 

ill have to disagree here. here is why. my brother got the gorr woods port when he had stock carbs and t5's. he soon ditched the stock carbs for 33mm pwk. it was like having another gear. combined with the t5's that low end port actually had really good top end. here is what made it even better. he could run a 16 tooth front sprocket for normal trail riding because he had all that low end. well the 16 even helped him on top end as well. that bike ran with a lot of top end ported shit with drag pipes..u get my point. i feel that setup will work because ive seen it done.

You're probably going to want semi high compression to help the low end and get something along the line of an MX/Dune style port.  They still pull OK down low really come to life in the mid range and pull pretty weel on top, but sign off quicker than a drag style port.

ill agree with high compression, my bros motor had high compression and it worked out great. it came on around 4000rpm and signed off in the upper 9000rpm range.

Pipes become a huge factor too.  Don't buy a drag pipe for low end riding, yet don't get a 2:1 for top end.

dont know about the 2 into one but we put my rockets on his setup and the topend came alive, yet he still had tons on bottom.

Banchetta had a lot of dyno time. Bigger carbs can give you pwr from the bottom to the top IF your motor is pulling enough air to utilize them. He had a 4mm stroker and found from smaller carbs to 35mm on a dyno and gained everywhere... Bottom to top. Just some info on the carbs.

Interesting find...Fixit.

My only thing is...since he mentioned power for trail riding...the truck/camp isn't always so close.

You're gonna suck down some serious juice with those babies on...

I plan on keeping the carbs stock, with possibly boring them to 28mm...at most.

Interesting find...Fixit.

My only thing is...since he mentioned power for trail riding...the truck/camp isn't always so close.

You're gonna suck down some serious juice with those babies on...

I plan on keeping the carbs stock, with possibly boring them to 28mm...at most.

351856[/snapback]

Sounds good. I road jkjk's stroker with 28mm carbs and wow. The combo he has is snappy as hell. They should work fine for you.